DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Someone got the Air 2s already from the Store Release.

I still don’t see what that drone is for, why wouldn’t you just get a Mavic two pro? Unless there’s some big feature we don’t know about yet

Maybe because it’s $800 more?

FlyApp is a big issue in many countries like India where an arbitrary ceiling of drones like mavic mini is 15 m in height rendering it almost useless. Mavic Air 2 also operates on Flyapp and that means you have to get permission from the govt to even fly it.
The Go4 app still works as before on the previous models.
So if these releases are tied to the FlyApp, they are a non starter in some of the most populous consumer markets.
In dronehacks android app i saw unlock for few devices height limit for India. Perhaps it will work here as well.

A couple of posts here essentially asked, what is the big deal with the Air 2S? It all depends on perspective, as you apparently own / have experience with multiple drones, whereas I have none, at least as of yet.

A month or so ago I was literally about to purchase an AIR 2 as my first drone, when I saw the FCC filing hub-bub and decided to wait. I have been following drones and photography since the Mavic 2 Pro arrived, always wanting one to supplement regular landscape photography but never having the time or the cash.

Now that I do have the time (not sure about the case :eek:), I am very excited about the A2S, particularly now that concrete information is out, with the only disappointment being the lack of variable aperture. Even this is not a big deal, as it seems DJI is packing useful ND filters in the Fly More kit this time around. Less convenient, but better in some ways.

From my perspective, it is the overall wholeness of the offering that appeals to me as a noob drone pilot. Unless there is some unexpected technical gotcha that arises - which I doubt, I expect it to be everything that I will need over the next couple of years as my experience grows. I originally wanted an M2P, toyed with an Autel Evo II Pro (some good deals on these make it a competitive player), but in the end I have settled on this.

I am not looking back at this point!

In dronehacks android app i saw unlock for few devices height limit for India. Perhaps it will work here as well.
Yes, DroneHacks has replaced the earlier method of altering the software on the drone. The problem is the app. The moment you lock in your geolocation it will apply all the applicable laws automatically. So basically you have to fake your gps etc and do this every time you start a flight session.

Every now and than someone gets one of these before there ever released,
Looks like were going to get the drone and the Cake as its going to work with the DJI FPV Goggles.

Air 2S Porshe. Fitting no doubt.
Guy has no idea how to turn it on nor is he to excited about not being able to fly it. loll

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain and Land on Water.

I cannot believe there starting out with the Gap again on the battery. I was thinking it was going to be more seamless, thats at least 1/16

View attachment 127127

The specs are a beaut. Thinking of getting one especially since it has that 1-iinch sensor. The Fly More Combo's a pretty sweet deal, too.

The specs are a beaut. Thinking of getting one especially since it has that 1-iinch sensor. The Fly More Combo's a pretty sweet deal, too.

That 1” sensor is going to bring a big draw to purchase imo. It was a big factor toward my purchase. I’m guessing the price will determine its predecessors life span. Smart move on their part. I just want 1 share of their stock. Exciting. Set my reminder for tomorrow morning. ??‍♂️

seems like the most hilarious case of deer caught in the headlights! Has no idea of drones, how to even link, and a rather frightful display of switching the drone on, the whole time his eyes were like this thing is going to explode in my hands!!
Whatever reservations we have about DJI, I think they deserve an unreserved recognition of their commitment and success of their drone program.
Air2s in every way is an unprecedented and pathbreaking drone.
At this rate, we cannot even imagine what a Mavic 3 is going to be.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Whatever reservations we have about DJI, I think they deserve an unreserved recognition of their commitment and success of their drone program.
Air2s in every way is an unprecedented and pathbreaking drone.
At this rate, we cannot even imagine what a Mavic 3 is going to be.
??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo