DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

something to consider with the MM

in an attempt to give a more stable descent to the mavic range, DJI arrange the motors at angles from the vertical to help overcome the beginning of VRS ,thank you for your very detailed post ,anything that helps us to understand the forces going on during these events is welcome, and the more people who contribute their knowledge to the subject the better

Reactions: Dbez1
I believe my descent over water have been properly explained. But I'm concerned about the problems over land. From reading here, it does seem to correlate with low battery take off or in flight. Just hope DJI fixes this problem. In the meantime I'm just flying the heck out of it. Also hope that someone will 3D print a Snap-on front arm stiffener in the meantime.
I like the idea of front arm stiffeners, as they are very bendy.

Reactions: fificap and Cw4bray
I like the idea of front arm stiffeners, as they are very bendy.
Hi,
I have a partial solution for front arm stiffeners:
20200203_194831.jpg

As this makes the front and rear arms interdependent, unwanted rotation of front arms are reduced.
It does not prevent vertical bending, but it stop all "twist" in the axis of the arm, which is in my opinion the weak point of front arms that can cause propellers contacts with the aircraft body.

Clever idea on the arm stiffeners.

Has anyone replaced all four sets of props to see if they could be the culprit for the erratic landings? I saw a video where a guy was having his mini actually bounce off the ground during a flight. When he changed the props, the problem went away. Just a thought.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Has anyone replaced all four sets of props to see if they could be the culprit for the erratic landings?

I'm fairly new to all of this and I could be wrong but from everything I have read, watched and learned about this MM uncommanded descend problem alot of folks seem to think that it is a propeller issue and that installing new props does seem to help, atleast temporarily.

Reactions: DeuceRon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy