DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sonoma county flying

Hi Steve

Those are two great pictures of the area. I'm also mostly into video and some pictures. I shoot a lot of video and want to use aerial video in my projects. I've also flown other types of RC like sail planes and helicopters etc. and I use to fly full sized gliders when I lived in southern Orange County many years ago.

After I am comfortable with DJI flight systems, I was thinking about buying either a Mavic 2 pro like yours or maybe an Inspire 1or 2. It would be nice to see a Mavic 2 pro in person and flying.

When the weather improves, maybe we could meet up at a non-coastal place that you know about in our area. That would be great.

Cheers !

Rod

I know this is an old post, but here is what I discovered today, 7/27/20. All coastal areas around bodega bay are NFZ due to state or county parks. This starts at Doran Regonal Park at Bodega bay. All coastline north of that Is part of the state park and also NFZ. This continues until HW1/turns inland. I drove up there personally and asked the park rangers. Just FYI

I know this is an old post, but here is what I discovered today, 7/27/20. All coastal areas around bodega bay are NFZ due to state or county parks. This starts at Doran Regonal Park at Bodega bay. All coastline north of that Is part of the state park and also NFZ. This continues until HW1/turns inland. I drove up there personally and asked the park rangers. Just FYI

I live in west Sonoma County, and fly the coast all the time. According to updated Airmap just north of Dillon Beach, from San Antonio Creek, and north to Duncans Landing is a fly zone over water. The only no fly zones are Marine Sanctuaries. I'm often flying from Bodega Dunes and park rangers know me and my truck on sight. Here's and interesting video just south of Duncans Landing is Gleason Beach. My friend's son took this clip. He's a skilled pilot.

Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters