DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Soon to arrive in Florida

StevenPSCC

Reactions
I will soon be traveling to Florida, staying in Fort Lauderdale and Miami travelling down to the keys. I have my FAA registration number for the drone and downloaded the B4U fly app. I’m quite amazed at the number of airports in the state and I’m thinking is it really worth taking my drone? There doesn’t seem much point How is it for flying a drone in the area ?
Thanks

I will soon be traveling to Florida, staying in Fort Lauderdale and Miami travelling down to the keys. I have my FAA registration number for the drone and downloaded the B4U fly app. I’m quite amazed at the number of airports in the state and I’m thinking is it really worth taking my drone? There doesn’t seem much point How is it for flying a drone in the area ?
Thanks

There are plenty of places to fly in that area. If you dont bring it, you will wish you had. The Keys have a much greater area for non-restricted flight.

If you are going to fly along the beach line, watch out for low flying small aircraft, helicopters, kites, and the wind direction.

Reactions: StevenPSCC
Ft Lauderdale is pretty bad because you have two airports definite NFZ. You might have more luck going south of said airports...

Thanks I think for the space that the Mavic takes up it would be foolish to not take it even if I don’t get to fly it.

When I took mine, I didn't fly it. It was the first experience with a NFZ. I've had inconsistent GPS speed ever since. Sometimes it seems to max out at 9mph in little to no wind. But it works fine in sportmode..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy