DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Soooo tired of the wind here in Omaha

TriadX1

Reactions
I have hardly been able to get out and fly at all in weeks either it is raining, snowing or windy or both.

Certainly am not taking it up this evening! :)

Actaully had gusts a 1/2 hour ago at 400 feet of 87 MPH.

b38a25e51eb8eefd7e46a8786ee65cb2.jpg
abadec24a0462171e173f89768ce4d78.jpg

Reactions: toddrusteberg
I hear ya. I am in Council Bluffs and always seems to be windy on my days off. I cracked an arm on my mini the other day but actually got the M2Zoom out for a little while yesterday!!!

Reactions: TriadX1
I hear ya. I am in Council Bluffs and always seems to be windy on my days off. I cracked an arm on my mini the other day but actually got the M2Zoom out for a little while yesterday!!!

I have a MM and a M2Z as well. I did get the M2Z out for a little while yesterday too, but it was so overcast and hazy that it was hard to get any decent video. But at least it came out of the case and got some miles on it! :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200328_215056 (1).jpg
    IMG_20200328_215056 (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
Tomorrow evening and Monday are looking pretty good for the wind. Where do you go flying at?

Tomorrow evening and Monday are looking pretty good for the wind. Where do you go flying at?

When I don't want to go far, I fly off my deck. We have a large park complex, lake, streams etc behind our house so it makes a great area to explore.

When I don't want to go far, I fly off my deck. We have a large park complex, lake, streams etc behind our house so it makes a great area to explore.

Nice!!!!! I have only had the mini for a couple months and the Zoom about a month, so still learning. I have been going to Lake Manawa to fly mostly and a couple times in front of the house. My brother has a mini also so I am always a little more leery of the wind with it. Cant wait for better weather for sure.

I have a MM and a M2Z as well. I did get the M2Z out for a little while yesterday too, but it was so overcast and hazy that it was hard to get any decent video. But at least it came out of the case and got some miles on it! :)
Looks like the same case I have. 9A112C54-C44E-4A77-9CA3-5E113083B428.jpeg

Get something to fly indoors to scratch the itch on days youre stuck inside

Yeah, I think I'll build a little FPV at some point here. I do have a couple of little Husan X4's I guess I could dig out, but they don't have cameras. I have actually flown the mini around inside with the prop guards.

I have hardly been able to get out and fly at all in weeks either it is raining, snowing or windy or both.

Certainly am not taking it up this evening! :)

Actaully had gusts a 1/2 hour ago at 400 feet of 87 MPH.

b38a25e51eb8eefd7e46a8786ee65cb2.jpg
abadec24a0462171e173f89768ce4d78.jpg
OKLAHOMA, where the wind comes blowing through the plains......or something like that song. Patience, patience.

Reactions: TriadX1
Yeah, I think I'll build a little FPV at some point here. I do have a couple of little Husan X4's I guess I could dig out, but they don't have cameras. I have actually flown the mini around inside with the prop guards.

Check out the Tiny Hawk II RTF Bundle, you get a decent indoor race drone, goggles and controller (radio) for under 200. It's a million time more fun to fly than any DJI drone

Check out the Tiny Hawk II RTF Bundle, you get a decent indoor race drone, goggles and controller (radio) for under 200. It's a million time more fun to fly than any DJI drone
My youngest daughter wants to get into FPV and just bought one a couple of weeks ago. Pretty impressive for the price! Open the box, charge the batteries and start flying! We paid $169 for the drone, goggles, controller, case, etc. We did pick up four extra batteries for about another $25.

My youngest daughter wants to get into FPV and just bought one a couple of weeks ago. Pretty impressive for the price! Open the box, charge the batteries and start flying! We paid $169 for the drone, goggles, controller, case, etc. We did pick up four extra batteries for about another $25.

The start of an addiction!!!! Feel free to ping me if you want help tuning the quad in betaflight. You can reduce the throttle while she is learning

The start of an addiction!!!! Feel free to ping me if you want help tuning the quad in betaflight. You can reduce the throttle while she is learning

I will keep that in mind! She wants to do the the Project Mockingbird tune for it. I got everything downloaded and will probably get that done today.

Reactions: hashfly
I will keep that in mind! She wants to do the the Project Mockingbird tune for it. I got everything downloaded and will probably get that done today.

That is by far the best tune, sounds like y'all are past the learning curve of setting up FPV! That's the biggest hump.

Here is a little track I made inside my house. You can build these gates for dirt cheap using these EL wires.
If she starts by learning how to fly indoors and hit small gates then the transition to a 5inch will be a breeze... you know thats coming eventually!

EL Wire: https://www.amazon.com/TGHCP-5-Ligh...ild=1&keywords=el+wire&qid=1585506577&sr=8-17

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78