DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

South New Zealand in a motorhome in 4k Mavic 2

keiser08

Reactions
We spent 9 days in South New Zealand in a motorhome. These are the highlights of our trip. This country has one of the best landscapes we have ever seen.

It is a little tricky if you want to fly recreationally in NZ. You must first get permission from DOC and/or public land owner, then follow CAA rules(check airshare for no fly zone) it cost about 50USD per DOC regions.

Thank you. Some awsome footage of beautiful country side.
Who is doing the flight control in the moving vehicle shots? Do you just lauunch set and drive or is one driving and one controlling?
Nz is my home and i love the beauty of this country.
Thanks

Thank you. Some awsome footage of beautiful country side.
Who is doing the flight control in the moving vehicle shots? Do you just lauunch set and drive or is one driving and one controlling?
Nz is my home and i love the beauty of this country.
Thanks
Thank you! No, that's possible but a little risky. I let my wife drive then I stay where we just park and then I let my wife drive so that I can keep my line of sight on the drone. At least if we lose connection it will just come back to me.

Reactions: Gooseman
Wow, you are so good at this. Love how you put it together, the color grading and editing. Superb.

One of the best video of my country. I already knew there were great places to video and your video reinforces my thoughts. Great shot of the kea... did not do any damage to your vehicle like removing wiper blades, window rubbesr etc. I rechon you will be back to visit the North Island soon.

One of the best video of my country. I already knew there were great places to video and your video reinforces my thoughts. Great shot of the kea... did not do any damage to your vehicle like removing wiper blades, window rubbesr etc. I rechon you will be back to visit the North Island soon.
Thanks The Womble! I wish we could have stayed longer and saw the coast. We missed out on a lot of spot. Lol, they did try to chew on our motorhome.

You have encapsulated what I would have love to have done! My wife and I spend 5 weeks in NZ (both islands) in a motor home and visited most of the places you did. I only had my camera (Sony RX10 IV) which is an amazing camera in itself (no gimbal) and I did mainly stills. It was this experience that drove me to buy a M2P which I now have ready for my next trip. Plus considering getting an Osmo Pocket. We are off to Australia's Northern Territory mid this year and I'm hoping to capture some great footage there.
What I love about your footage is the consistency of colour grading between all 3 cameras; it is top work. I've just subscribed to your You Tube Channel as a result. Well done!

Reactions: keiser08
We spent 9 days in South New Zealand in a motorhome. These are the highlights of our trip. This country has one of the best landscapes we have ever seen.

It is a little tricky if you want to fly recreationally in NZ. You must first get permission from DOC and/or public land owner, then follow CAA rules(check airshare for no fly zone) it cost about 50USD per DOC regions.

Really nice country to film in. Did you use the GoPro 7 for some of these shot's?

I'm just blown away. Wow...the quality and artistry was exceptional! Well done!

I've only had my Mavic since Christmas. How did you do the time lapse with the drone over the water holding still but the clouds moving? Did it hover and film and then you did the time lapse post processing?

That was fantastically planned and executed. It was clear this wasn't just a pile of footage that was expertly edited, but you clearly had much of this in mind before shooting. This could literally be a professional tourism video. There is so many skills on display here, its hard to know where to start. Thanks for the beauty and the education.

Reactions: keiser08
You have encapsulated what I would have love to have done! My wife and I spend 5 weeks in NZ (both islands) in a motor home and visited most of the places you did. I only had my camera (Sony RX10 IV) which is an amazing camera in itself (no gimbal) and I did mainly stills. It was this experience that drove me to buy a M2P which I now have ready for my next trip. Plus considering getting an Osmo Pocket. We are off to Australia's Northern Territory mid this year and I'm hoping to capture some great footage there.
What I love about your footage is the consistency of colour grading between all 3 cameras; it is top work. I've just subscribed to your You Tube Channel as a result. Well done!

Thank you! We actually have the RX which is also a good camera. We use it for our timelapse because it shoots good and compact. Wow 5 weeks is a lot, I wish we could have stayed that long. We want to go to Australia next but it is so big and so much to see, just like America. I heard good things about osmo, the footages is also good. Good luck on your trip. Cant wait to see yours! Comment on my video so I can subscribe back to you.

Last edited:
I'm just blown away. Wow...the quality and artistry was exceptional! Well done!

I've only had my Mavic since Christmas. How did you do the time lapse with the drone over the water holding still but the clouds moving? Did it hover and film and then you did the time lapse post processing?
Thank you so much for that comment! If you have Mavic 2 then you have hyperlapse. Not sure if they have it now on Mavic 1 but you can do it manually. I can send you a guide link if you want.

That was fantastically planned and executed. It was clear this wasn't just a pile of footage that was expertly edited, but you clearly had much of this in mind before shooting. This could literally be a professional tourism video. There is so many skills on display here, its hard to know where to start. Thanks for the beauty and the education.

Wow, I really appreciate your response. Thank you so much for watching!

Wow how do you learn to do All that stuff

Thanks for posting such a great video, made me homesick.
A very creative and interesting video.
Thanks for the links for the drone flying in NZ applications, very helpful. I will sub to your channel...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf