DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Southern Arizona High Desert

AZDave

Reactions
This was mostly a video exercise for me to learn some basic editing techniques since I am a complete newcomer to video processing. The video itself was shot at 4K/60 with a polarized ND16 filter on a Mavic Air 2 in D-Cinelike mode which gives a very flat capture. The landscape itself is pretty void of color in the winter time and cattle have grazed off most of any greenery that might otherwise have been there. The resulting video has a lot of color embellishment (my own ... no LUTs were used), and I played around with fades and motion tracking in VSDC Video editor as a learning experience.

I was able to spot at least three deer in the video ... there might be more.

wow, what a fantastic landscape ? I liked the smooth flight throug the bushes and scrubs and it seems that the deer wasn´t scared by the drone! I also like the "colorgrading" you did a very good job also with the choosen music, bravo Dave!
cheers Paul

This was mostly a video exercise for me to learn some basic editing techniques since I am a complete newcomer to video processing. The video itself was shot at 4K/60 with a polarized ND16 filter on a Mavic Air 2 in D-Cinelike mode which gives a very flat capture. The landscape itself is pretty void of color in the winter time and cattle have grazed off most of any greenery that might otherwise have been there. The resulting video has a lot of color embellishment (my own ... no LUTs were used), and I played around with fades and motion tracking in VSDC Video editor as a learning experience.

Very nice. Are you flying along the Whetstone Mountains?

Nice and thanks for sharing.

wow, what a fantastic landscape ? I liked the smooth flight throug the bushes and scrubs and it seems that the deer wasn´t scared by the drone! I also like the "colorgrading" you did a very good job also with the choosen music, bravo Dave!
cheers Paul

Thanks for the kind and generous words!

Nicely done AZDave, well flown and I'm a sucker for that type of environment.

Nicely done AZDave, well flown and I'm a sucker for that type of environment.

Thanks!

I suspect that the desert is an acquired taste. I was born and raised in Minnesota, i love pine trees and lakes, but the clear skies and dry Arizona landscape has an incredible appeal to me. I literally get kind of a creepy crawly feeling if I go more than three days without blue skies. I remember a business trip that took me out east (North Carolina, I think) and everything there was a lush green. As the plane was landing on the way home I looked out the window and immediately had this soothing feeling come over me ... because everything looked brown! Pretty crazy, I know.

Incredible! I looked, but never saw any of the 3 deer. But, the "1 shot take" was GREAT!

Enjoyed your flight, particularly the height you chose to fly and the smoothness6A527B6B-D410-4C83-B9B7-E70337A2EF72.jpeg l. ...music was soothing in a world of stress. Well done! (Here's a contrast from Ontario, Canada)

Incredible! I looked, but never saw any of the 3 deer.
All three deer are located just above their respective text boxes ... at least right when the text boxes appear. The motion tracking wasn't great because the image definition at those spots wasn't contrasting enough for the editing software to perfectly capture. Look for the head and ears of the deer. The third one is really hard to spot but it's there ... once you know where it is you can even see it off in the distance earlier in the video.

Nice flying!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair