DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Southwest US "Ghost House"

FunYin

Reactions
Hello Everyone,
I couldn't think of another title although in good fun, I also think of this as "archaeology". I wish to first offer a disclaimer that in so many respects, I am a novice. That said, I also am having fun and feel that sometimes the subject is a huge part of the kick right (like an iffy live fan recording of a great band - it still has something to offer)? Anyway, without sounding too apologetic I most certainly welcome tips. I already see where my flight skills can improve and also how to better anticipate the editing process with how I shoot. This little taste of my recent road trip was shot with a Mavic Mini. I hope that you enjoy it: Southwest Archaeology | Summer 2020.
- Bernard

Last edited by a moderator:
Loving the title- very tongue in cheek!
Yaw controls a little bitty but good eye for shots, mostly smooth and varying POIs around the landscape, good choice of music that doesn't take away from the visual, decent edit, perfect ending backing away! Would've liked to have seen some shots through the branches from above on a straight down, but that's just me!
I honestly thought you were going through the window of the old truck and you had me holding my breath!

Keep up the good work Bernard ;)

Reactions: FunYin
Looks like some of my neighbors when I lived in Northern Michigan. I think my parents owned that TV.

• Haha
Reactions: FunYin
Thank you for the comments. Lurch003, your comments are great. It is almost as though you were there with me. For example, I was too nervous to fly into the truck. This is, of course, a bit ironic since I flew into the abandoned structure. By the time I did the house's doorway, my wife was there to assist as a spotter. We were about 50 feet away. As for your other comment regarding the branches etc. I agree and I tried. The problem is/was that the footage is so jerky because of my fear of brushing branches etc. that it is simply too hard to watch lol. I left it out. Last but not least, given the obstacle course like nature of the location, I did actually have my first crash. It was minor and with a soft landing with no damage (whew!).
B.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu