DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spanish police blocking 2 drones near king Felipe VI

What I'm saying is that I was flying legally, not inside CTR nor Restricted Airspace.
If you fly illegally there then you're probably going to get caught by Aeroscope or another drone tracking system, so I will not try that.
Post #32. "Palma is a no-fly zone in most parts, however if you're not flying in CTR or Cala Mayor Prohibited airspace, should be fine."

There are many other restricted and prohibited areas outside the CTR (which includes Cala Mayor) where flying could get you in a bind. The CTR is outlined in light blue in the figure. But about half of Palma is open. You can check specific locations on the map at ENAIRE Drones.

Screenshot 2022-08-31 100622.jpg

Reactions: Yaros
"if you're not flying in CTR or Cala Mayor Prohibited airspace, should be fine. I took off in Palma 1 year ago, nothing happened really, no one came to complain."

Beware anecdotal evidence. This is a little like saying, "A friend flew back from vacation in Mexico with a pound of cocaine and no one complained, so you should be fine doing the same."
yes because we all know dealing cocaine is as immoral as flying drones in no fly zones. Since you can't put things in perspective, you might as well say jaywalking has the same moral consequences than dealing drugs

Trying to minimise the safety and security risks from flying a UAS in a restricted area there.

There's a danger to persons and property from doing so. Just because you got away with it once doesnt mean its fine.

yes because we all know dealing cocaine is as immoral as flying drones in no fly zones. Since you can't put things in perspective, you might as well say jaywalking has the same moral consequences than dealing drugs

That's amusing.

I made no mention of morality, just a comment that a single observation is not adequate to justify an action that is otherwise prohibited.

By the way, I'm a frequent and unapologetic jaywalker. I've only been confronted by the authorities once. But I'm not going to say that my experience has anything to do with your proper course in crossing streets or the morality of your actions.

I know most of us are careful and don't do crazy flying. But be careful when looking at the official maps.

In the Mallorca example, the previous image posted was misleading, if you zoom in more you will find more restricted areas where you need permissions to fly, and where they overlap, from more than one source. This happens all over Spain, just request the permissions way ahead of your trip.

1662230465756.png

Reactions: Aerophile
I know most of us are careful and don't do crazy flying. But be careful when looking at the official maps.

In the Mallorca example, the previous image posted was misleading, if you zoom in more you will find more restricted areas where you need permissions to fly, and where they overlap, from more than one source. This happens all over Spain, just request the permissions way ahead of your trip.

View attachment 154250
Absolutely.

The previous zoomed out image showed prohibited areas. There are many other restricted areas.