DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spare part list available?

Manna

Reactions
Greetings,

browsing the dji store for spare parts I got the impression the available parts are getting less and less with every new model being released, or maybe there are spare parts available but are not being listed. Of course I am aware they do exist, even the smallest scre, but my not be sold seperatly.

As a former Phantom owner I do now there were quite a lot of parts available, all the antennas for the remote, those in the landing gear, etc.
For the Mavic Air I did not find any antenna (I broke one of the controller antennas), is it available for sale? Or is DJI going the way like other manufacturers and tries to increase sales volume by selling only bigger parts anymore, in this case the whole remote?

Is there yet a list available with all the spare parts for the Mavic Air thta can be ordered from dji or stores?
The reason for asking this specifically is I do remember not all parts were listed even in Phantom times on the dji site however they did have part numbers that could be ordered in drone shops.

Any inpus is appreciated.

Reactions: RomekCyborg
Well u could go one of a few ways....u can send remote in to dji...they will fix it and charge u. Or u can just put an aftermarket antenna on like a 4hawks raptor sr. Since u already have to get inside the remote...the remote itself seems like the only spare i can find online at the moment.....no rc antennas or the boards inside ..i did find the removable rc sticks but that was it.

Most parts are only available for authorized service centers to purchase nowadays...

True....people do buy whole and strip down also...guess there is a profit in that

True....people do buy whole and strip down also...guess there is a profit in that
Yep, that's usually what happens before DJI is able to get parts out to its resellers. We'll likely eventually see a few authorized DJI dealers with all of the commonly used replacement parts in stock in places like Amazon and eBay.

I saw brand new mavic air arms, motors, body, main board etc on ebay cheap
midcityhobby | eBay
Nothing to do with this seller just came across his stuff

I have an issue with my IMU, which I contains the 2 x accelerometer and 2x gyros, is this the same as the camera IMU on your list?
Does your faulty part match the photos of the part in that eBay listing?

Does your faulty part match the photos of the part in that eBay listing?

I don't know for sure that is the faulty part, the issue is definitely with the accelerometers as they have no data.
From my research, that part listed contains the accelerometers and gyros, but seeing the word camera in the item description has thrown me slightly, given that this IMU is located near the SD card holder, at the opposite end to the camera.

I apologize for hijacking this thread but I have been meaning to ask a spare parts related question and thought I might as well put it here instead of making a separate thread for it.

I will soon be traveling to a part of the world where getting hold of spare parts may not be easy or even possible. I will be staying there for a considerable amount of time (two years give or take a few weeks). Obviously, I will be taking the MAVIC AIR with me and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to take a few spares along just in case. Problem is, I can't possibly buy every spare part - that would probably cost more than the drone itself. So I am asking which parts are the most likely to fail. I am thinking the gimbal assembly and motors in the case of a crash? But I can't buy all four legs (along with the motors) and the gimbal assembly, that would be expensive too. So if I had to buy one or two spare parts in anticipation of a potential failure/crash, which ones should I get?

@Thunderdrones, I would greatly appreciate your advice.

PS: I have already bought plenty of propellers:)

I apologize for hijacking this thread but I have been meaning to ask a spare parts related question and thought I might as well put it here instead of making a separate thread for it.

I will soon be traveling to a part of the world where getting hold of spare parts may not be easy or even possible. I will be staying there for a considerable amount of time (two years give or take a few weeks). Obviously, I will be taking the MAVIC AIR with me and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to take a few spares along just in case. Problem is, I can't possibly buy every spare part - that would probably cost more than the drone itself. So I am asking which parts are the most likely to fail. I am thinking the gimbal assembly and motors in the case of a crash? But I can't buy all four legs (along with the motors) and the gimbal assembly, that would be expensive too. So if I had to buy one or two spare parts in anticipation of a potential failure/crash, which ones should I get?

@Thunderdrones, I would greatly appreciate your advice.

PS: I have already bought plenty of propellers:)

My advice to you, if traveling to a remote part of the world, would be to bring 1 or 2 extra drones! If your Air crashes, you can send it off for repair, but fly one of the extra Sparks in the meantime. If your bird of choice is an Air, then maybe invest in a cheap Spark or two, so you wont lose continuity and can continue to fly just in case. Instead of spending $300-$400 in spare parts that you might never use, you could almost buy 2 extra Sparks, so you will have backup drones. Sparks are chargeable via Micro USB cable, so no charger needed. You also dont need to carry an extra controller since you can use your device to fly it. They are so portable, that it makes sense to bring them.

As far as spare parts for your Air, props are a must, but unless you are skilled at fields repairs, bringing extra gimbals, motors, etc is just a waste of time.

Bringing extra parts to keep your bird flying is important, but what I have found is that Murphys Law applies, and the part is that you might need is the one you left at home.

Thank you @Thunderdrones! You are so right. Especially about it being better for me to get a second Air instead of the spark. My initial thoughts were to get a spark too but then I will have to invest the extras as well. At the very least, I would need additional batteries. At that point, the price would not be that far off of an Air. I already have four batteries for the AIR along with a portable charger, and all the filters I need. All I need to add is just the aircraft and I am perfectly set!

Thank you again, you are indeed as wise as everyone around here says you are!?

Reactions: Former Member
Thank you @Thunderdrones! You are so right. Especially about it being better for me to get a second Air instead of the spark. My initial thoughts were to get a spark too but then I will have to invest the extras as well. At the very least, I would need additional batteries. At that point, the price would not be that far off of an Air. I already have four batteries for the AIR along with a portable charger, and all the filters I need. All I need to add is just the aircraft and I am perfectly set!

Thank you again, you are indeed as wise as everyone around here says you are!?

Exactly! You have batteries, controller, cables, etc. An additional Air would fit the bill. I might have a source for a bird-only, without controller or battery if you need one.

That would be awesome, but I live across the pond - in Germany :(

You can always buy a used Air, for maybe 400 -500 euros, and sell off the controller for 100 - 150.

Can you tell me what they have in Germany that might be similar to Craigslist in the USA? Craigslist is a huge private selling network, that does not charge fees, and you deal person to person. I have bought and sold a couple of thousand drone items locally on Craigslist. Its better than eBay.

I will see what I can get, I only have about two weeks to secure one. If anyone in Europe is willing to part with their Air (aircraft only) I am open to offers:)

I will see what I can get, I only have about two weeks to secure one. If anyone in Europe is willing to part with their Air (aircraft only) I am open to offers:)

You might want to put up an ad in the classifieds here. So many people have bought Mavic 2's there must be someone in Europe with an Air they would like to sell.

Maybe you could write something like:

"WTB Mavic Air in Europe. Please let me know what you have and the price."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk