DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spark 2 in July? Rumor or reality?

id like to see an ugrade to tello class of drone.

id like to see an ugrade to tello class of drone.
That's what I'd like to see. I hate the video lag and short flight distance my stock Tello delivers and would love a lower priced better built drone the size of a Tello that has a camera at least as good as the Spark.

As UAV regulations tighten, I think a spark sized drone will be the most widely appealing product for the general public and enthusiasts. So, that is reason enough for DJI to update the line. I also think DJI will shave off 50 grams from the existing spark to make SPARK 2 under 250g :)
This is what I’ve been saying. The Mavic Air fills a spot for a reasonably priced 4K 3-axis drone. What they don’t have is something that parents can but for Christmas that doesn’t end up involving all the regulations we have to deal with. Also, a sub 250g craft could probably fly over people.

Ocusync doesn’t make much sense on a craft that it is so easy to lose Vlos on.

For me, what I’d like to see is sub 250g, ads-b, 3-axis, and a 4K camera.

Oh, and let’s go ahead and keep all the intelligence on the craft, and out of the batteries.

I really don’t see DJI shaving 50g off the drone and still keeping all the technology. That’s a feat I feel like only Apple would be capable of. Tbh I’m shocked Apple hasn’t tried to enter the ring to really put the squeeze on DJI, Apple is all about restrictions and creating demand for products that are usually niche to start off with. Could be interesting.

Reactions: Former Member
I really don’t see DJI shaving 50g off the drone and still keeping all the technology. That’s a feat I feel like only Apple would be capable of. Tbh I’m shocked Apple hasn’t tried to enter the ring to really put the squeeze on DJI, Apple is all about restrictions and creating demand for products that are usually niche to start off with. Could be interesting.

This was a very astute observation. Who better to enter the drone market than the king of innovation Apple? GoPro had its shot, and failed. Apple has deep pockets, many people here already use iPads Minis, and I couldnt think of a better fit (unless Samsung came out with a sweet drone).

I’d be ok if both entered the ring because the more top level competition the better for all of us. That’s the only way true advancement is going to happen as we all know. DJI doesn’t need to innovate because of where they stand, I’m not bashing DJI as a company just eventually the mighty do fall.

I can see the Keynote speech now Tim Cook “oh and one more thing...” ?

Reactions: Former Member

Could you imagine what a jump forward Apple could be in the drone world? Ok, Hasselblad is helping DJI out a little, but Apple in the drone market would be absolutely awesome.

Plus, Apple is the darling and the "Apple" of the current administrations eye. Apple could positively influence all future drone technology.

Come on Apple. Get in the game! I love DJI, but Apple would just be such a natural fit.

Reactions: ExtremeElementz
I’d be ok if both entered the ring because the more top level competition the better for all of us. That’s the only way true advancement is going to happen as we all know. DJI doesn’t need to innovate because of where they stand, I’m not bashing DJI as a company just eventually the mighty do fall.

I can see the Keynote speech now Tim Cook “oh and one more thing...” ?

I bet Apple would really put the "Air" in their version of the Mavic Air.

Reactions: ExtremeElementz
I really don’t think Apple is that nieve that they aren’t doing something behind the scenes. Like you said most (well not me yet) use the iPads and iPhones already they just add a cool looking controller a beautiful new drone design and print $$$$ lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO