DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spark or Mavic Air?

tedydj

Reactions
Hi everyone. I'm trying to decide whether I should get a Spark or a Mavic Air for my second "less intrusive" easy-to-carry smaller yet reliable drone. I already have a Mavic 2 Pro which I use for more serious captures on special trips, but I also need a smaller drone for me to always keep in my backpack to anticipate any unexpected interesting scenes to capture. Btw I don't really need 4K for my second drone. I'd highly appreciate your suggestions. Many thanks in advance.

Reactions: Former Member
My first was a Spark, my second an Air,
I still fly my Spark all the time. It's not perfect for video because it only has a 2 axis gimbal but it's great in so many other ways. It takes less than 2 minutes to put in the air, it's super sturdy, you don't have to use controller cables if you don't want and it's pretty quiet. When people see it they're not bothered the same way because it looks like a toy. I love flying it and I'll never get rid of it.
I love my Air because it's a little beast and folds up so small but it's noisy and not nearly as discreet.
If I was in your shoes I'd wait until July and get the new Spark 2. Same form factor but a better transmission system and a three axis gimbal.
Three batteries, one controller -easy kit

Attachments

• KIMG4369.JPG
    KIMG4369.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Former Member
If I was in your shoes I'd wait until July and get the new Spark 2. Same form factor but a better transmission system and a three axis gimbal.

Is this just rumor? Or have I been blind these past few months?

The Air is so simple to pack and carry, I have no first hand experience with a Spark, but I would be hard pressed to pass up the Air especially if looking for something easy to carry.

An EASY one... excluding Price Differential.

IF Price is not a factor, you simply cannot ignore the Air's folding Props that reduce its carrying size far beyond the Spark - legs do NOT fold! Take a look at the carrying case.

There are several more advantages, but this is the BIG one in our opinion. Gimbal and Camera also come into play. It's just 'way better.

Rgds, NAVMAV

Rgds, NAVMAN

Reactions: naiku
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J