DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spastic and Twitchy Yaw with slow stick movement

grizzard

Reactions
Mavic Settings Feb 12th00001.png Mavic Settings Feb 12th00002.png Mavic Settings Feb 12th00003.png Mavic Settings Feb 12th00004.png Mavic Settings Feb 12th00005.png Mavic Settings Feb 12th00006.png Mavic Settings Feb 12th00007.png Mavic Settings Feb 12th00008.png Mavic Settings Feb 12th00009.png It could be me, it could be the settings, it could be that all the YouTube videos seem to be on DJi Go and NOT DJi 4.0 which muddys up the waters. I don't see a description for, say ..."End Yawpoint". Am I as a end user supposed to know what that means? I need USER TERMS, and not engineering terms. I downloaded the manual ... but then again ... the manual is DJi Go and not representative of my screen. I think my settings are ok, I am yawing with the utmost caution to only apply pressure, and I have the shutter 2 x fps with a ND filter. Still ... even in 2.7K is twitchy and framee'. Yaw motion acutually stops for a split second .. then takes off again. The Micro sd card DJi sent me is UHS-1 so that should be ok. I have redone the MIU, the gimbal, the sticks .. I show no errors. So here are my screens. Someone tell me what I should change?

Reactions: Ryan Jenkins
View attachment 6292 View attachment 6293 View attachment 6294 View attachment 6295 View attachment 6296 View attachment 6297 View attachment 6298 View attachment 6299 View attachment 6300 It could be me, it could be the settings, it could be that all the YouTube videos seem to be on DJi Go and NOT DJi 4.0 which muddys up the waters. I don't see a description for, say ..."End Yawpoint". Am I as a end user supposed to know what that means? I need USER TERMS, and not engineering terms. I downloaded the manual ... but then again ... the manual is DJi Go and not representative of my screen. I think my settings are ok, I am yawing with the utmost caution to only apply pressure, and I have the shutter 2 x fps with a ND filter. Still ... even in 2.7K is twitchy and framee'. Yaw motion acutually stops for a split second .. then takes off again. The Micro sd card DJi sent me is UHS-1 so that should be ok. I have redone the MIU, the gimbal, the sticks .. I show no errors. So here are my screens. Someone tell me what I should change?
Rudder Right / Left is set to .11. Set it to .20
Marty

Reactions: grizzard
I have 3 recent clips of what seems to be something I can't iron out. Again ... I am learning and am trying to find the appropriate settings if possible. All my settings are in the first Post of this thread. I have jitter that I can't seem to iron out, some jello sequences, and out of focus lock. Here are the Youtube clips below.

1. This is a daily walk I do and there is a bit of wind in the first clip as you can see in the Active Track as it circles me making an oblong circle. Continuing, at the top of a small climb I got a low battery warning and unresponsive display. I attempted to reset the RTH to my position and could not and it defaulted to the launch RTH ... about a half mile away. After I returned to the Mavic's landing postion I replaced the battery and placed it in Active Track Trace and headed home and noticing that it would not focus and kept bobbing. That is clip #2. Finally after about 3 minutes it focused. Clip #3 is from my deck flying about locally. The entire flight was mostly jittery and not pleasant to watch. Help ... please.

Reactions: shuddee
Vid 3 Looks like the same stutter flash mine has.

Not 100% sure though .
Try holding the drone in your hands
Motors not armed
Record video looking at a row of trees.
Use your arms to mimic a very slow pan while looking at trees

Try 2.7 and 4 in manual mode

Try 24 frames per second at 1\50 shutter speed

Then try 30 frames per second at 1\60 shutter speed

Post videos results in here unedited raw please

I was not able to get out to find a row of trees as a firmware update popped up and by that time the light was getting dim. Even so I tried Razor's suggestions (start with 2.7 and 4 in manual mode, try 24 fps at 50 shutter speed, then 30 fps at 60 shutter speed. I didn't have a row of trees for reference but I do have a very large oak tree off the end of the deck. So in the recording modes above and holding the Mavic I did a slow panning body rotation covering the tree. Of all the clips I took ONLY 2.7K at 30 fps and 1/60 Shutter exibited a smooth pan ... absolutely I saw jitterness in all other panning clips. What that tells me I really do not know .... why should only 2.K @ 30 fps x 1/60 Shutter speed be the only one?? Why not 4K @ 30 fps x 1/60 ?? I hope to make some more tests in the next few days if the sun cooperates.

Hmm

Odd that only 30 fps at 2.7 works.

I would have expected same results across the board.

Not sure why that would happen.

Keep us posted

I was not able to get out to find a row of trees as a firmware update popped up and by that time the light was getting dim. Even so I tried Razor's suggestions (start with 2.7 and 4 in manual mode, try 24 fps at 50 shutter speed, then 30 fps at 60 shutter speed. I didn't have a row of trees for reference but I do have a very large oak tree off the end of the deck. So in the recording modes above and holding the Mavic I did a slow panning body rotation covering the tree. Of all the clips I took ONLY 2.7K at 30 fps and 1/60 Shutter exibited a smooth pan ... absolutely I saw jitterness in all other panning clips. What that tells me I really do not know .... why should only 2.K @ 30 fps x 1/60 Shutter speed be the only one?? Why not 4K @ 30 fps x 1/60 ?? I hope to make some more tests in the next few days if the sun cooperates.

I am having similar problems in 4K @ 25 fps (I live in Australia and film in PAL). 2.7K @ 25 fps is better and I can't explain why. Please keep us posted with your findings.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Did some "jitter/jerky/framey/spastic" testing today after finding a tree planting farm next to a busy road. The setting wasn't ideal but I made the most of what I had. I started with 2.7K at 24 fps and a shutter speed of 1/50 ending up testing with 4K at 24 fps and shutter of 50. The most usable settings for me so far 2.7K @ 30 fps with Shutter of 1/60. 4K and 3.8K were too jittery ... not usable for me. I used the Taco-RC ND16 on all settings in this batch. Besides 2.7K outranking all the other resolutions in the absence of jitter, I discovered that my favorite video player VLC was not up to the same standards as WMV. Now that was amazing find because it used to be the other way. For example ... some of the jerky videos as viewed in raw unedited format were jittery in VLC but played fine in WMV ... as I said. Anyway .... here is my comparisons of 9 recordings in testing today ... you might try on your own system to see what you find.

DJi Mavic Support - Google Drive

I watched a YT video the other day, showing the same results: 2.7K @ 30fps was the "clear" and "only" winner.

Kevin

Reactions: grizzard
I agree

Per your vids 2.7 30 looks the best.

Do you have quick time player?

If you do can you use it to open a 2.7 file and there is a video analyser function in there somewhere

In curious to know how many mps those files are .

My 2.7 files are 45 mps whereas the 4k vids were 60 mps.

Mavic should Do 60 mps across the board I think .

Did some "jitter/jerky/framey/spastic" testing today after finding a tree planting farm next to a busy road. The setting wasn't ideal but I made the most of what I had. I started with 2.7K at 24 fps and a shutter speed of 1/50 ending up testing with 4K at 24 fps and shutter of 50. The most usable settings for me so far 2.7K @ 30 fps with Shutter of 1/60. 4K and 3.8K were too jittery ... not usable for me. I used the Taco-RC ND16 on all settings in this batch. Besides 2.7K outranking all the other resolutions in the absence of jitter, I discovered that my favorite video player VLC was not up to the same standards as WMV. Now that was amazing find because it used to be the other way. For example ... some of the jerky videos as viewed in raw unedited format were jittery in VLC but played fine in WMV ... as I said. Anyway .... here is my comparisons of 9 recordings in testing today ... you might try on your own system to see what you find.

DJi Mavic Support - Google Drive

Finally got to try MP today. All great except getting jittery/stuttering video. Tweaked settings as many have suggested, but not happy. Any ideas would be appreciated. Do I need to send it back? Also the gimbal dropped about 45 degrees on its own during the flight. Trying to post a clip.
How do I create a link to Dropbox?

Dropbox - Link not found
Hopefully this works.

Last edited:
Finally got to try MP today. All great except getting jittery/stuttering video. Tweaked settings as many have suggested, but not happy. Any ideas would be appreciated. Do I need to send it back? Also the gimbal dropped about 45 degrees on its own during the flight. Trying to post a clip.
How do I create a link to Dropbox?

Dropbox - Link not found
Hopefully this works.
No video attached

Can you upload to youtube

No video attached

Can you upload to youtube
Thanks, Razors. I don't have Youtube account. Did manage to post on OFFICIAL DJI MAVIC OWNERS FB page.
需要安全验证
Johanna N (still near the top)
I gave up. I am returning, Amazon will have my replacement here in 3 days!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute