DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spectacular DJI customer care.

c64-dev

Reactions
So, some of you may recall that about a month ago I had a problem with the front left motor of my Mini 2 being stuck. I opened a topic about it and i got some great advice, with the general consensus being that I should send it back to DJI to be inspected.

I started a case with DJI's support and after answering all my questions and assuring me that the standard warranty for hardware parts is 2 years and not 1 as I thought it was, they very kindly sent me a return label.

However, when all was said and done I was very reluctant to send the drone out for a couple of simple reasons: first of all, the problem occurred only once. From that time onwards the drone was flying fine and while I could feel a slight difference in the motor's movement compared to the others, it was not enough to prevent the motor from working. Would I send my practically new drone out via courier with all the risks that this involves for nothing?

Another issue that I had was that apart from the issue with the motor the drone was working perfectly. Rock steady in flight, amazing footage, great range and never a hiccup. What if the drone ended up getting damaged while in transit and/or updated to the latest FW (thus preventing me from downgrading ever again) ? I could very well end up with the drone unrepaired and in a worse condition than before.

Time went by, the return label was sitting there collecting dust and while I should have let the whole thing go, it was still nagging at me. Yes, the drone was functioning perfectly fine but I knew that there was an issue there. So eventually I decided I had to do something to break out of the loop.

One morning I got a sturdy box, removed the battery and the props from the drone and contacted the courier company. Within a few hours the Mini was no longer with me and on its way to DJI's European repair center in Hungary. It was out of my hands now.

UPS was super slow to deliver the package to DJI as it was sent there by lorry, and to be honest I wasn't expecting much to come out of the whole thing. And here begins the story of the best customer service I have ever experienced.

The day after the drone was delivered back I say on this case tracker that they were inspecting it and would let me know if they found something and how they would proceed. Thinking that the procedure would take some time and that they would probably say that they couldn't find any issues I pushed the matter out of my mind.

Well, imagine my surprise then when just one day later I got an email saying that they would repair the drone for free, with a parts invoice underneath showing a Front Arm Motor (long cable) plus labor, with the prices zeroed out. So it looked that they actually accepted that there a problem after all and I would be getting back my drone with a new motor!! Amazing news!

And it got even better. Next day a new email comes through to let me know that the drone was on its way back!

Thinking this will take about a week, you can imagine my surprise when only two days later the doorbell rings and lo and behold its a courier with a brown box from DJI! Wow that was fast!

I take the box in, leave it aside as I was very busy working and promptly forget about it. The next morning I see the box on the living room table and I realize I should open it and check the state of my drone. I open it and....... wait a minute! That's not MY drone!

Inside the nondescript brown box was a brand new Mini 2, factory sealed and all! So instead of simply repairing my drone they decided to replace it altogether! To say that I was blown away by thia surprise would be an understatement! To make things even more amqzing, included with this brand me drone was a complimentary card with the following note:
"Dear customer,

Thank you for your trust and support in DJI.

Recently you have returned a newly purchased product to us. We would like to apologise that the previous item didn't meet your expectations. We have included a small gift in your return package in hopes of compensating for the inconvenience thus may have caised.

Kind regards
DJI Europe"

What can I say now about all this? I am honestly dumbstruck about the level of customer support exhibited here. A longwinded post about my experience is the least I can do to say a huge Thank You! Amazing indeed.

Last edited:
So, some of you may recall that about a month ago I had a problem with the front left motor of my Mini 2 being stuck. I opened a topic about it and i got some great advice, with the general consensus being that I should send it back to DJI to be inspected.

I started a case with DJI's support and after answering all my questions and assuring me that the standard warranty for hardware parts is 2 years and not 1 as I thought it was, they very kindly sent me a return label.

However, when all was said and done I was very reluctant to send the drone out for a couple of simple reasons: first of all, the problem occurred only once. From that time onwards the drone was flying fine and while I could feel a slight difference in the motor's movement compared to the others, it was not enough to prevent the motor from working. Would I send my practically new drone out via courier with all the risks that this involves for nothing?

Another issue that I had was that apart from the issue with the motor the drone was working perfectly. Rock steady in flight, amazing footage, great range and never a hiccup. What if the drone ended up getting damaged while in transit and/or updated to the latest FW (thus preventing me from downgrading ever again) ? I could very well end up with the drone unrepaired and in a worse condition than before.

Time went by, the return label was sitting there collecting dust and while I should have let the whole thing go, it was still nagging at me. Yes, the drone was functioning perfectly fine but I knew that there was an issue there. So eventually I decided I had to do something to break out of the loop.

One morning I got a sturdy box, removed the battery and the props from the drone and contacted the courier company. Within a few hours the Mini was no longer with me and on its way to DJI's European repair center in Hungary. It was out of my hands now.

UPS was super slow to deliver the package to DJI as it was sent there by lorry, and to be honest I wasn't expecting much to come out of the whole thing. And here begins the story of the best customer service I have ever experienced.

The day after the drone was delivered back I say on this case tracker that they were inspecting it and would let me know if they found something and how they would proceed. Thinking that the procedure would take some time and that they would probably say that they couldn't find any issues I pushed the matter out of my mind.

Well, imagine my surprise then when just one day later I got an email saying that they would repair the drone for free, with a parts invoice underneath showing a Front Arm Motor (long cable) plus labor, with the prices zeroed out. So it looked that they actually accepted that there a problem after all and I would be getting back my drone with a new motor!! Amazing news!

And it got even better. Next day a new email comes through to let me know that the drone was on its way back!

Thinking this will take about a week, you can imagine my surprise when only two days later the doorbell rings and lo and behold its a courier with a brown box from DJI! Wow that was fast!

I take the box in, leave it aside as I was very busy working and promptly forget about it. The next morning I see the box on the living room table and I realize I should open it and check the state of my drone. I open it and....... wait a minute! That's not MY drone!
View attachment 148658

Inside the nondescript brown box was a brand new Mini 2, factory sealed and all! So instead of simply repairing my drone they decided to replace it altogether! To say that I was blown away by thia surprise would be an understatement! To make things even more amqzing, included with this brand me drone was a complimentary card with the following note:
"Dear customer,

Recently you have returned a newly purchased product to us. We would like to apologise that the previous item didn't meet your expectations. We have included a small gift in your return package in hopes of compensating for the inconvenience thus may have caised.

Kind regards
DJI Europe"

What can I say now about all this? I am honestly dumbstruck about the level of customer support exhibited here. A longwinded post about my experience is the least I can do to say a huge Thank You! Amazing indeed.
"...UPS was super slow to deliver the package to DJI.
The weakest link in the warranty program.
UPS has slowly done downhill over the past few years.

I had a new RC Pro controller go wonky on me after only a half dozen uses.
I sent it away expecting a repair and instead a brand new RC Pro controller replaced it.
DJI is far from perfect but so far my experience has been nothing but positive.

Reactions: c64-dev
what was that small gift? new drone?
It was just a little token gift really; a small stylish pen with the DJI logo. It was the whole support that mattered and how they went far above and beyond what I would have expected of them in repairing the drone.

I had a new RC Pro controller go wonky on me after only a half dozen uses.
I sent it away expecting a repair and instead a brand new RC Pro controller replaced it.
DJI is far from perfect but so far my experience has been nothing but positive.

Honestly, the replacement-instead-of-repair was the most surprising aspect of the whole experience. We are not talking about 20 euro earbuds here; these drones and sundries cost a small fortune. To see them replaced just like that is truly impressive.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
That is more or less standard for DJI. It keeps things going more quickly for them to send out a new replacement rather than have it sitting in a queue to be repaired. That keeps customers happy and then there is no pressure to get the repairs done and out the door.

After trying several independents on here who offer repairs and paying one for a diagnosis of $45 and paying shipping with them all, no one could do the repair, I sent it to DJI, because the others just wanted to replace the entire camera and gimbal when it was just one gimbal arm that was the problem.

DJI paid for shipping both ways and I had a new replacement drone within 10 days instead of a repaired drone. I will always use DJI in future, they have excellent customer care service and I always suggest to others, that they use DJI too. Let's hope DJI customer care never turns like it is for the poor customers of Autel.

DJI, you guys are the best for looking after your customers. Thank you.

Does not surprise me to much as I also have had incredible Experience with DJI and Replacing two drones with no DJI refresh . They Sent me 100% coupon for both drones. It did take time, lot of emails , some phone calls even ..

Glad to hear there still killing it , every now and than.:cool:

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water,

My drone crashed outside garantee Period, send it to repair center in Holland , and they fixed it in due time with verry low costs. I was also verry satisfied.......

"Dear customer,

Kind regards
DJI Europe"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11