DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Spectacular Journey through the Clouds, A Ridge Traverse from Ruby Mountain to Grays Peak, Once in a Lifetime Adventure!

Karlewski

Reactions
This was one of the most Magical trips I've ever had! Not very difficult climbing but, there was just scene after scene of truly incredible settings and vistas! Big Screen Highly recommended with decent sound. Enjoy this special gift of nature my friends!

Excellent video! Well done Karl.

It’s amazing that you are filming all of these angles and shots of yourself hiking, riding and climbing. It is challenging just to fly a drone well, without also trying to climb a mountain while flying and filming yourself!

Hopefully things should get easier for you, now that you’ve bought yourself a Mavic Air 2S. Looking forward to some epic footage from you, from that beast!

Reactions: Squidinc
Spectacular video on so many fronts! Loved it from start to finish. Beautifully flown drone segments, with outstanding scenery. Do you use “spotlight” mode for some of your drone shots? I’m not sure? The family of mountain goats were a bonus! The way you navigated those climbs within the weather you encountered was amazing. Great work all round! Thanks for taking us once again into “the adventure zone” Karl. Cheers mate.

I only watched the beginning....can't wait to see the rest of it...you have certainly displayed what can be done if you work at it...excellent!

Terry, the Air 2s is definitely paying off even on the first trip!!! Love POI and Spotlight for accurate hands off action, for me master shots is a bit weak, not enough distance to reveal the whole scene. . . I just got home from one of the MOST OUTRAGEOUS adventure through awesome red mountains and spires surrounded by ultra blue lakes with the Air2s! It all be incredible, Guaranteed! The work is complex but the rewards are so cool! Thanks for noticing!!!

Squidinc Thanks for the support once again!!! That was all shot manually with the Mini 2! but the Spotlight can and will make it even better! I will always love the mini 2, it is like a phone camera where the Air 2 is more of a DLSR. One is easy quick light and always ready the other, great features and image but a bit of a PITA. . . . I did shaft myself missing the ridge I wanted to Grays but. . . I sucked it up and got it done. Thank god for GPS's, without that in blinding fog. . . Good luck! LOL!​

MARK (LI) Thanks brother! Much more to come!!!​

Terry, the Air 2s is definitely paying off even on the first trip!!! Love POI and Spotlight for accurate hands off action, for me master shots is a bit weak, not enough distance to reveal the whole scene. . . I just got home from one of the MOST OUTRAGEOUS adventure through awesome red mountains and spires surrounded by ultra blue lakes with the Air2s! It all be incredible, Guaranteed! The work is complex but the rewards are so cool! Thanks for noticing!!!

Squidinc Thanks for the support once again!!! That was all shot manually with the Mini 2! but the Spotlight can and will make it even better! I will always love the mini 2, it is like a phone camera where the Air 2 is more of a DLSR. One is easy quick light and always ready the other, great features and image but a bit of a PITA. . . . I did shaft myself missing the ridge I wanted to Grays but. . . I sucked it up and got it done. Thank god for GPS's, without that in blinding fog. . . Good luck! LOL!​

MARK (LI) Thanks brother! Much more to come!!!​

I haven’t tried out the Master Shots yet, but it’s on my TODO list. It’s only my third day with my new Mavic Air 2S.

The biggest difference that I’ve seen so far is the 10 bit DLOG-M files are basically unplayable on my PC and thus I’ve had to resort to Proxy files during the editing process. I wish the MA2S had the option to use 8 bit DCinelike files, which I was using with my MA2.

It really was, I'm glad you thought so too Brother! Much more on the way!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark