DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Speculating the price of the CrystalSky monitor

Which CrystalSky monitor would you get if you wanted one?

• 5.5" high brightness at $300

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • 7.85" high brightness at $500

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • 7.85" ultra brightness at $600

Votes: 19 63.3%

• Total voters
Having owned a P4P+ I can honestly say the included display was not impressive. Yes I know its not the CrystalSky, but many P4P+ owners are now purchasing additional remotes in order to use tablets.
Well that sucks, the P4P+ was supposed to be a top-notch system. How come we always end up spending more $$$ to make up for DJI short falls.

Well that sucks, the P4P+ was supposed to be a top-notch system. How come we always end up spending more $$$ to make up for DJI short falls.
The P4P was great...the display sucked, not worth the extra$

Well, the CrystalSky prices come in slightly higher than @Cyberpower678 wrote about, but not too far off!

From NAB here in Las Vegas, we are excited to announce that the DJI CrystalSky Monitors will begin shipping soon from Advexure and are now available for pre-order.

Available in three configurations:

DJI CrystalSky 5.5-inch, High Brightness - $469

DJI CrystalSky 7.85-inch, High Brightness - $699

DJI CrystalSky 7.85-inch, Ultra Brightness - $999

DJI CrystalSky Compatibility - The CrystalSky monitor can quickly connect to the Inspire series, Phantom 4 series, Phantom 3 series (Phantom 3 Professional, Phantom 3 Advanced), Matrice series, and Osmo series (except the Osmo Mobile) over Wi-Fi or via a remote controller USB port, depending on your specific product.

DJI CrystalSky Availability:

CrystalSky 5.5" - Mid-May 2017
CrystalSky 7.85" - Mid-May 2017
CrystalSky 7.85" Ultra - June 2017

Learn more about the DJI CrystalSky Monitor here: Order DJI CrystalSky Drone Video Monitor

Safe and happy flying! :cool:
-The Advexure Team

I have the feeling most of those who couldn't wait for it in the Mavic context will rethink...

Yepp, DJI is definitely targeting the professional user on these. Mavic owners will still have the DJI Goggles coming up very soon ;)

Reactions: Kilrah
Now, they are available at the DJI store as well:
Prices in EUR as follows:
5.5" .... 549,-
7,85" ... 799,-
7,85" .. 1149,-

The crystal sky seems compatible with the mavic, now just need shipment dates...

They're in the post just above.

Interestingly it's marked as compatible in the specs, but on the product page it's not "advertised" for use with the Mavic. Most likely because they don't offer a mounting solution.

An iPad mini 4 (new) is $400 and not bright enough. I read somewhere the iPad was around 700 cd/m². Would 1,000 cd/m² be bright enough?

I would pay an extra 300 for it to work and be bright enough... but, my concern is things like "litchi, GS Pro, etc..... are they compatible too? Or are we stuck with just the go4 app?

Reactions: jag32266
DJI CrystalSky Compatibility - The CrystalSky monitor can quickly connect to the Inspire series, Phantom 4 series,

Safe and happy flying! :cool:
-The Advexure Team

I was told by DJI at CES in January that Crystal Sky isn't compatible with P4P+, so not the whole P4 series. Can you confirm?

Well the P4P+ comes with its own built-in non-removable "crystalsky equivalent", so...
Equivalent? Not hardly. CS offers:
1. Larger 7.85"screen
2. 2000 nit
3. Removable self powered player that will play 4k video from an SD card to your TV.

It is pretty much a built-in version of the 5.5" crystalsky that's non-removeable.

But the whole point of the P4P+ remote is to have that built-in tablet and nothing else, so I guess it's obvious enough.
If you want to use another crystalsky model use a normal "non-Plus" P4P remote.

Technically yes from the specs, but they don't provide a mounting solution so not in the "commercial" compatibility list.

i'm not sure about the mounting option. I heard people telling that they will provide a mounting solution for the Mavic Controller....

Andy

I heard people saying "surely they will"... but I wouldn't be so sure. Even less so now that it's not mentioned on the product page.

Just remember that DJI needs to recover their cost for developing all of those firmware updates that have made other devices so unreliable that you will pay anything for the CS.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000