DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Speed forward only 5mph & reverse 22mph, what?

I tried that too, calibrating the IMU seemed to work. winds are supposed to be 25+ today but right now calm, hope to get out there after my coffee and get it in the air for test flight at least.

An occasional IMU / compass calibration is never a bad thing. Doesn't typically require it often, so maybe once a month or right after a "update" as well as checking ALL your settings. On Android, the "updates" tend to mess with settings, so on preflight after said update(s) - just do a quick check to verify everything is still as you had it previously set.

First, I was just now able to make a 5 minute flight before the winds reached 25+ mph, everything is good now. Thanking all those that gave me the “direction” to go to resolve the problem. The red lights, there were two stories, one, the manual says “critical” but gives you no idea of where to look, second, most of what I found thru google searches and here within, the red lights on the front arms do not in fact represent something critical but in fact stay on to show the front of the aircraft when in flight. So I am now putting everything away for another day when the wind is blowing 30+ now. Thanks again.
?

So I am now putting everything away for another day when the wind is blowing 30+ now.
You don't need to fly to find out what the issue might have been.

To get your recorded flight data, gGo to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

I tried that too, calibrating the IMU seemed to work. winds are supposed to be 25+ today but right now calm, hope to get out there after my coffee and get it in the air for test flight at least.
So you callibrated the IMU and it fixed it? I'll keep that in mind if I ever have that problem. My first guess would have been a sensor being dirty or blocked. It's funny, one time I had I payload under my drone and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't land. Dummy me, the payload was blocking the bottom sensor, and made the drone think it was just above the ground.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore