Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Speed Limited When Gimbal Pointed 90 Degree Down

raymacke

Reaction score
I was messing around doing a straight-down view with the gimbal and noticed the maximum speed in both C and P Mode is reduced in that configuration. Actually it was about half the normal. The direction made no difference. Forward, reverse or right, left. All reduced. By just rotating it up a few degrees normal max flight speeds were again available. If I remember correctly, Sport mode was not affected.

Is this normal?

Reactions: fificap

pmshop

Reaction score
I was messing around doing a straight-down view with the gimbal and noticed the maximum speed in both C and P Mode is reduced in that configuration. Actually it was about half the normal. The direction made no difference. Forward, reverse or right, left. All reduced. By just rotating it up a few degrees normal max flight speeds were again available. If I remember correctly, Sport mode was not affected.

Is this normal?
Yes, it is protecting the gimbal motors.
If you notice sometimes when flying, you have the gimbal tilted up, a gust of head on wind hits...the gimbal will pop to lower than level.
This also protects the gimbal.

Filek

Reaction score
Yes, it is protecting the gimbal motors.
If you notice sometimes when flying, you have the gimbal tilted up, a gust of head on wind hits...the gimbal will pop to lower than level.
This also protects the gimbal.
That’s add. It protects in C and P mode.
But not in fastest S mode?