DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Speed Limited When Gimbal Pointed 90 Degree Down

raymacke

Reactions
I was messing around doing a straight-down view with the gimbal and noticed the maximum speed in both C and P Mode is reduced in that configuration. Actually it was about half the normal. The direction made no difference. Forward, reverse or right, left. All reduced. By just rotating it up a few degrees normal max flight speeds were again available. If I remember correctly, Sport mode was not affected.

Is this normal?

Reactions: fificap
I was messing around doing a straight-down view with the gimbal and noticed the maximum speed in both C and P Mode is reduced in that configuration. Actually it was about half the normal. The direction made no difference. Forward, reverse or right, left. All reduced. By just rotating it up a few degrees normal max flight speeds were again available. If I remember correctly, Sport mode was not affected.

Is this normal?

Yes, it is protecting the gimbal motors.
If you notice sometimes when flying, you have the gimbal tilted up, a gust of head on wind hits...the gimbal will pop to lower than level.
This also protects the gimbal.

Yes, it is protecting the gimbal motors.
If you notice sometimes when flying, you have the gimbal tilted up, a gust of head on wind hits...the gimbal will pop to lower than level.
This also protects the gimbal.
That’s add. It protects in C and P mode.
But not in fastest S mode?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo