DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spherical Photo Edit?

bmoore1118

Reactions
I love doing 360 photos but it sucks you cant do anything with them unless your in the fly app.

I have tried lightroom and it can't stick the photos.

Is there a 3rd party software to process these?

IOS or PC?

Have you tried the Microsoft store that's preinstalled on windows 10 onward rather than via browser ?
Only download on the website is for a photoshop plugin not the stand alone software. Its not in the store.

Shame, it did a pretty decent job of outputting spherical for the intention of being used as a 360 image once you programmed the correct meta data for it.

You can edit the original stitching DJI app makes if you import it to phone album and transfer to PC. Just have to keep in mind not to crop it and to avoid edits that vignette the edges. The aspect ratio/metadata tends to automatically become recognized as a 360 image on sites like Facebook or Google photos.

Reactions: bmoore1118
Here is a Microsoft ICE installer that I grabbed from microsoft at the tail end of last year.

note that it can also stitch from video files, I tend to start recording and do a slow pan for a complete circle, then pan down a little and repeat until I am looking straight down

Reactions: bmoore1118
We use PTGui Pro. In our experience, there's nothing that can touch it for for complex image stitching and exposure blending.

It ain't free, but then again, most things of lasting value aren't.

Here's the link for a no-charge trial:

PTGui website

For us, it's been worth it for the Pro license. It's been leaving Lightroom in the dust so far.

I was wondering exactly the same. In the Fly app you can nicely 'look around' by sweeping a spherical picture a so-called photosphere) and that is great to do and see! But is there not an easy way to export them and get the same effect on your PC using some sort of viewer?
Regarding the same: I see the separate pictures in the panorama map on my SD-card, but since I took several panorama pictures (including some 360° and spherical) how can I see what series of pictures are part of a particular panorama? Am I correct assuming that every map (with names as 100_0027) contains the pictures that go together?
I found a superb tutorial here but it does 'send' the panorama's to Google Earth... and I do not have the intention to share my first experiments immediately with all the world ;)

Last edited:
I was wondering exactly the same. In the Fly app you can nicely 'look around' by sweeping a spherical picture a so-called photosphere) and that is great to do and see! But is there not an easy way to export them and get the same effect on your PC using some sort of viewer?
Regarding the same: I see the separate pictures in the panorama map on my SD-card, but since I took several panorama pictures (including some 360° and spherical) how can I see what series of pictures are part of a particular panorama? Am I correct assuming that every map (with names as 100_0027) contains the pictures that go together?
I found a superb tutorial here but it does 'send' the panorama's to Google Earth... and I do not have the intention to share my first experiments immediately with all the world ;)
You can upload 360 panoramas to Google Photos for viewing. You can choose the privacy settings to make them public or private.

There are also several free online 360 panorama hosting and viewing services. Kuula.co is one of the better ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronny St.
Thanks for your reply! I was looking on the internet and found some software, but all quite expensive to use it now and then. So I will try Google Pictures following your advice :) But I will have to do this tomorrow since I have to go now.
I will let you know if I got any succes Thumbswayup
:)

Reactions: MS Coast
Thanks for your reply! I was looking on the internet and found some software, but all quite expensive to use it now and then. So I will try Google Pictures following your advice :) But I will have to do this tomorrow since I have to go now.
I will let you know if I got any succes Thumbswayup
:)
It's Google Photos. My mistake. I corrected my original post.

Last edited:
Affinity Photo is great for editing spherical panoramas.

Second the recommendation for PTGUI Pro. It's what I use for stitching. I used to use Hugin, which is free, so you might also want to check that out.

For viewing, Roundme.com is good. I've had trouble uploading files for a while now, but other people are doing it so it might just be the limitations of my old browser. Tech support isn't answering, so I don't know how healthy the company is now, but the website is still up and worth looking at.

@Ronny St. : the kuula.co system is working well for us. They have a no-charge option that might be worth your checking out. We did so, and decided to purchase their Business plan for our virtual tours. It’s actually kind of fun to fine-tune the panoramic images, and even more fun to finally be able to more easily share them via links.

And, we love that kuula’s terms and conditions state that they are not claiming ownership of our intellectual property by using their system. No way are we going to do all the work of creating and editing panoramic content so that other businesses can use them however they please, with no compensation to us!

Reactions: MS Coast and dozzn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
datkin