DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Splitting units on controller?

Feek

Reactions
I suspect the answer to this is 'nope' but figured I'd ask anyway.

Being in the UK, although we're metric for many things, we do split between imperial and metric. I'd love to be able to use metres for distance but mph for speed.

I have absolutely zero idea what m/s relates to in mph.

Can this be done on the DJI Fly app? I've looked but can't see it.

Nope, can't.

But I did learn how Brits become clinically insane by 55. I think I'd crack well before then operating with metric distances and imperial velocity.

Just started the timer waiting for OMM and our other British brothers and sister to pop up and tell me how much worse it is than just distance and speed.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: old man mavic
But I did learn how Brits become clinically insane by 55. I think I'd crack well before then operating with metric distances and imperial velocity.
Nah, we're not all potty. It's just what you get used to. I don't use metric distances when driving at all but I can't visualise 300ft without mentally converting it to metres first.

Like most brits, I weigh myself in stones and pounds but when I'm weighing out food ingredients, I use grams. Don't even start me on trying to measure something in cups, that's verging on bonkers :D

Nah, we're not all potty. It's just what you get used to. I don't use metric distances when driving at all but I can't visualise 300ft without mentally converting it to metres first.

Like most brits, I weigh myself in stones and pounds but when I'm weighing out food ingredients, I use grams. Don't even start me on trying to measure something in cups, that's verging on bonkers :D

OMG, I had to take a double clinical dose of Halcion and be observed for the next 4 hours after reading that 🤣🤣🤣

So throwing sticks and stones in the UK is tossing faggots and your weight around?

More halcion... 🤣

(in British culture and English, a "faggot" is a bundle of sticks, so call off the woke police 😁)

Last edited:
Being in the UK, although we're metric for many things, we do split between imperial and metric. I'd love to be able to use metres for distance but mph for speed.

I have absolutely zero idea what m/s relates to in mph.

When I flew my SPARK years ago, I was confused too.

I made a simple check list and conversion chart to help me with the math.

1709154398494.png

Reactions: Fizzbang and Feek
I am an old fart who likes good old feet and inches for height and distance and MPH for speed ,but DJI in their wisdom like to mix things up,so while some readout settings during flight will give you choices ,when it comes to the saved Data, it all seems to be in one form or another of metric

Sadly not enough space to do that on a bezel free phone that's strapped to the top of a controller.

Reactions: MA2 317
You get to enjoy that issue since it's an international thing. I do food packaging and the Vet branded dog/cat food (which shall remain nameless) requires us to put ounces/pounds/grams/kilograms on every package. DOn't even get me started on the number of countries addresses and phone numbers that have to be crammed on a tiny label.

Hi Feek. If you’re an Apple user try this nifty app. It does all speed conversions plus many other features and it’s free. It’s called “Units Plus” in the App Store. Hope this helps. Safe flying.

Hi Feek. If you’re an Apple user try this nifty app. It does all speed conversions plus many other features and it’s free. It’s called “Units Plus” in the App Store. Hope this helps. Safe flying.
Thanks, I already have this on my phone

It's not so easy to refer to it while flying though

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2