DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SPOT LIGHT Klarus G15 Attached to AIR2S. In Home Test Flight

cgmaxed

Reactions

For those that are curious how to attach an EDC LED high Lumen (1500 constant lumen output in this case) flash/spot light to the Air 2S. First you'll need leg extenders. I bought foldable ones on Amazon. I attached the spot light to the side of the drone with 10lb rated industrial velcro as you will see in the video. Total weight of this light is 5oz. The Klarus G15 is rated at 4000 lumens in turbo mode, but goes to 1500 lumens when hot. It does an excellent job of visualizing the ground at 100-150 ft with the 1 inch sensor in the Air2S. It's flight stability remains excellent even though the light is attached on the side of the drone's body. I have experimented with it attached to the center, on the top or bottom and have found no difference in the drones flight characteristics. I keep it on the side of the drone because it's the easiest place to attach it. And, if it falls off it will not hit a prop. It also keeps it away from any sensors.

Reactions: Touring497
The 2 times that I’ve crashed and had damage bad enough to ground me for a while were the 2 times I attached something to my drone…lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa