DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spot to Fly near Sacramento, CA?

Steephenj

Reactions
I live in a very crowded area with an airport very close and a lot of interference. Can't go further than 400mithout completely losing signal, so I freak out and bring it right back.

Anyone here know of any good spots around me to fly?

Thanks!

I was born and raised in Sac. As a matter of fact I'll be back in the city tonight... I've done minimal flying there, as I'm up in Nevada City now - but head up I-80 a little towards Auburn. There's tons of great scenery up this way.

Reactions: Steephenj
Yeah, I was thinking of heading up that way. There's this lake I want to go to that seems to have fantastic scenery, Lake of Pines, it's not too far from here.

Lake of the Pines is nice, but it's a fairly congested area/community. I don't recall, but I think the lake is within a gated community. Rollins Lake, in Colfax, is incredible. Lake Clementine, near Auburn is also nice, but has limited shoreline. I took off from the boat launch there a few weeks ago, when no one was around, but during the summer I couldn't imagine finding a safe place to launch there. Further up Hwy 49, there's Scotts Flat Lake, Collins Lake and a place called Englebright - all nice for flying. As well as the South fork of the Yuba River off of Hwy 20.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ibay