DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spray paint to match DJI Mavic Pro Platinum

Tony Campbell

Reactions
Who ever uses the Marpro Pro Grade Honda Silver Metallic Outboard engine spray paint will very well pleased. Sells for $18.95 includes shipping on Ebay. Very well pleased!

Reactions: Former Member

@Thunderdrones See post 10 and 17 in this thread.

Reactions: Former Member

@Thunderdrones See post 10 and 17 in this thread.

Excellent. Someone is going to get shiny used MPP soon! Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: tmiller
I've only used it on the front legs and it adhered well. I wouldn't think it would effect any reception as it doesn't seem to contain that much metallic flake.

A Faraday shield may be formed by a continuous covering of conductive material, or in the case of a Faraday cage, by a mesh of such materials. Any paint containing metallic flakes would probably constitute a Faraday cage. The reception or transmission of radio waves to or from an antenna within a Faraday cage can be heavily attenuated or blocked by the cage. Don't think I would like any attenuation of GPS signals. ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: tmiller

I didn't notice any difference. Just enough paint to cover the M1P grey underneath.

A Faraday shield may be formed by a continuous covering of conductive material, or in the case of a Faraday cage, by a mesh of such materials. Any paint containing metallic flakes would probably constitute a Faraday cage. The reception or transmission of radio waves to or from an antenna within a Faraday cage can be heavily attenuated or blocked by the cage. Don't think I would like any attenuation of GPS signals. ;-)

Very few paints are sufficiently conductive to create a faraday shield. You would need a specialized coating (the type used to repair defroster strips for example), with sufficient metal content and specialized solvent to allow electrical conduction.

• Love
Reactions: Tony Campbell
Very few paints are sufficiently conductive to create a faraday shield. You would need a specialized coating (the type used to repair defroster strips for example), with sufficient metal content and specialized solvent to allow electrical conduction.

I think that is what I said above. A Faraday shield would require solid metal. The flakes would at best create a Faraday cage. RC builders have long established that some metallic paints will attenuate RF to/from enclosed receivers/transmitters. You do not require conduction in the coating to attenuate RF. We're talking AC here not DC. ;-)

However, if you're flying vlos you're probably not going to experience any bad effects in practice.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J