DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Standard cabel or high quality? A myth?

Klavis

Reactions
When I had the Mavic pro, I was advised not to use the included cable between controls and mobile. (sometimes struggled with bad signal between drone and controls) I then bought a high quality cable and used it instead, now that I have a mavic pro 2 I realized that I have never used the included cable. is it a myth that the cable that comes with the drone is bad or is it better to use a high quality cable from the bottom of the control to the phone? The high quality cabel is Great but a bit to big...

Never heard of that the cable have been bad ... but have heard of that the side micro USB port in the RC is bad ... or at least very sensitive ... save that one to charging & use the full USB-A in the bottom.

I have wondered this myself and the conclusion generally is that there is only a negligible difference ON PAPER between high end A/V and computer cables and their midline counterparts. But in the real world, no. There is no distinguishable difference. For cheapie cables you are more likely to find a defective one here and there due to manufacturing defects, but that’s been the extent of my experiences.

Reactions: Klavis
Quality means "meets requirerments" - more than that is waste or 'room to grow.' In general, an established company is not going to put poorly performing components in their products.In general, only if you upgrade a processing components performance will you benefit from upgrading a passive component like a cable.

The included cord is just fine. I'm a fan of better quality (highest quality actually), just because of build quality, not better transmission.

I've found that "generally" higher quality cables stand up to my day-to-day abuse better than "OEM" cables but when I say higher quality I'm talking about better coatings/sheath etc. They cost more and I tend to get more life out of them.

Right out of the gate I don't notice much difference but a few months (many miles and shoots) later the higher quality are still holding up well where-as the OEM tend to start showing signs of wear & tear.

FWIW: I keep the OEM cable in my case as a backup so I DO trust them.

I had trouble with the cable that came with my M2P, I ended up getting a new one and it was fine after that.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenjiekun