DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Standard or fly more combo?

ScoobyD00

Reactions
This is going to be my first proper drone.
Flown some cheap ones around over the years.
I'm trying to work out what's best to get, the standard or fly more combo
In the UK the fly more is £100 more and out of stock everywhere.
What are most people purchasing, just the drone or the fly more combo?

Reactions: old man mavic

It’s cheaper to get the fly more combo than to buy the extra batteries and charger separately, And you WILL want extra batteries

Go with the fly more combo

I am waiting for the bundle to come back in stock as when you see its £90 more for the bundle but you get so much with it it makes sense. The batteries alone are the cost of the kit. You're getting £200 or so worth of extras for £90. Seems worth it to me.

2 x £45 batteries (£90 straight away)
£19 prop guards
£35 charging hub
3 x £11 sets of props (£33)
£9 spare pair of control sticks
Carry case... not sure
Charger... not sure

Reactions: scooot
In my opinion, the Fly More Combo is definitely the one to get if you are able to. Having backup batteries is a must to me, and those seem to be going for around $50 each. The combo will save you money in the long run, because you will want more batteries eventually (speaking from experience). Add in the charger and case and you're already way ahead compared to buying everything separately. And that's not even considering the rest of the extras it includes.

Best of luck in your decision, I think either way you will have a blast once you're up in the air!

for the MM the combo is a no brainer, the extras combined with the carry case make a nice convenient package to carry and store your drone

Without a doubt, get the combo. All my purchases have been combo’s and I’ve never regretted having extra batteries, carrying case, extra props, etc.

Hold out for the combo. One item is ESSENTIAL if you want to easily manage your battery charge level, which is the charging hub. These batteries have no auto discharge function, so picture this: You charge all 3 batteries for a day droning, but plans or weather change and you can't use them. With the charging hub you can discharge them into your mobile/tablet/power bank one at a time until they each reach about 50% charge for storage. Without it, you have to fly your drone indoors for about an hour to just to reduce the battery charge, as you shouldn't leave them fully charged for more than a day or two.

Apparently the batteries used are cylindrical li-Ions rather than the polymer bag LuPos. The li-Ions are probably more resilient than LiPos.

But still, get the combo. You get so much with it that you'd probably get anyway.

Have you tried Argos?

Thanks for the recommendations guys.
Got myself a combo this lunchtime and just had my first flight. Couldn't be happier. All worked fine and video quality is excellent for my needs.

Got myself a combo this lunchtime and just had my first flight. Couldn't be happier. All worked fine and video quality is excellent for my needs.
Glad to hear it! Many happy flights to you!

BTW it seems to default to 1080@30fps - you might want to up that!

Congrats, Scooby. Glad to hear. I’m leaning towards getting the basic package, a $14 case from Amazon which is smaller than the flymore case and maybe an extra battery. I would never use the prop guards.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98