DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Start up sound

Mavic07

Reactions
After updating the latest firmware my mavic suddenly changed its start up sound. It repeat itself twice and the eho of the sound were you can hear of the sound at the end diminished. Does anyone has similar experiences?

After updating the latest firmware my mavic suddenly changed its start up sound. It repeat itself twice and the eho of the sound were you can hear of the sound at the end diminished. Does anyone has similar experiences?

I haven't, and I just updated my Mavic firmware last week after delaying doing it. I didn't notice any changes during startup whatsoever after the upgrade. Sometimes doing an update can hype up your senses a bit because of all of the unnecessary fears posted and disseminated about bad experiences after doing an update. That's why I delayed doing mine until I was ready.

My firmware update ran smoothly, I did not have to do any calibrations afterwards, and my IMU/Compass readings were better than before. Maybe you can try booting up your Mavic again to determine if you still experience the same results. The update DOES include a new front sensor self-check (I think it's the front ones) and you will notice that difference as it goes through its check during startup.

As always, you can also search the forum for any related existing threads using the magnifying glass at the upper right side of the page by typing in what you are looking for.

No matter what, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be a big problem for you. Others here may chime in here with better info than I have offered you. Good luck with this.

Reactions: ggessel and Mavic07
The sound is different after updating my Mavic too. Not after last weeks update but after today's update it has changed (v01.03.0400 ). The firmware Mavic07 is referring to is today's update, I guess.

Might be you mean last weeks update (v01.03.0400), CC Rider?

@CC Rider ..I think you'll find the OP is referring to the new firmware 1.03.0500 that came out today, not the .0400 you updated to last week. Haven't done it myself, so I can't comment on any difference in start up sound.

Edit..Beaten to it by Peut!

@CC Rider ..I think you'll find the OP is referring to the new firmware 1.03.0500 that came out today, not the .0400 you updated to last week. Haven't done it myself, so I can't comment on any difference in start up sound.

Edit..Beaten to it by Peut!

Oh! I didn't even realize another firmware update was out already. My bad. Thank you so much for correcting me and setting the record straight. And for making me aware another update is waiting for me. I really appreciate it.

Reactions: Peut
The sound is different after updating my Mavic too. Not after last weeks update but after today's update it has changed (v01.03.0400 ). The firmware Mavic07 is referring to is today's update, I guess.

Might be you mean last weeks update (v01.03.0400), CC Rider?

Yes, that's the one I was thinking about. I didn't know another update came out today. I appreciate you making me aware of it, too. Guess I'll download it and see if I have the same results. Usually, all goes well, but we will see!

I haven't, and I just updated my Mavic firmware last week after delaying doing it. I didn't notice any changes during startup whatsoever after the upgrade. Sometimes doing an update can hype up your senses a bit because of all of the unnecessary fears posted and disseminated about bad experiences after doing an update. That's why I delayed doing mine until I was ready.

My firmware update ran smoothly, I did not have to do any calibrations afterwards, and my IMU/Compass readings were better than before. Maybe you can try booting up your Mavic again to determine if you still experience the same results. The update DOES include a new front sensor self-check (I think it's the front ones) and you will notice that difference as it goes through its check during startup.

As always, you can also search the forum for any related existing threads using the magnifying glass at the upper right side of the page by typing in what you are looking for.

No matter what, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be a big problem for you. Others here may chime in here with better info than I have offered you. Good luck with this.
Thanks a lot!

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Oh! I didn't even realize another firmware update was out already. My bad. Thank you so much for correcting me and setting the record straight. And for making me aware another update is waiting for me. I really appreciate it.
No problem at all, you're welcome! It is just a small update but they didn't mention the sound update in the release notes.

I downloaded the Mavic firmware released today and upgraded my equipment with it. Took it outside a few minutes, fired it up, and there was no difference whatsoever in my startup sounds, rotor sounds or any unusual sounds coming from the Mavic. It started smooth and quiet as usual and operated very well at every altitude I put in, even though the winds were at 18-20 mph and gusty. The Mav was rock solid as usual.

Elevated to about 125 feet, flew around a bit and brought it back down. Perfect as always. This latest firmware update downloaded and upgraded much faster than the last update. It wasn't long at all.

I see nothing to worry about with this latest firmware update whatsoever. I am using an iPhone 6S Plus, so I can't speak for Android devices. I've never had any problems with any of DJI's updates, and I can only feel sorry with those who do. I'd say go for it.

Reactions: beejAMG
I downloaded the Mavic firmware released today and upgraded my equipment with it. Took it outside a few minutes, fired it up, and there was no difference whatsoever in my startup sounds, rotor sounds or any unusual sounds coming from the Mavic. It started smooth and quiet as usual and operated very well at every altitude I put in, even though the winds were at 18-20 mph and gusty. The Mav was rock solid as usual.

Elevated to about 125 feet, flew around a bit and brought it back down. Perfect as always. This latest firmware update downloaded and upgraded much faster than the last update. It wasn't long at all.

I see nothing to worry about with this latest firmware update whatsoever. I am using an iPhone 6S Plus, so I can't speak for Android devices. I've never had any problems with any of DJI's updates, and I can only feel sorry with those who do. I'd say go for it.
Maybe its just mine. Because everytime i turn it on the start up sound repeats itself twice.

Hi ! The startup sound of my Mavic have change too!!! after this last update (v01.03.0500)

Yep, mine does it twice too.

Strange. I didn't have two sounds. Are you folks experiencing two startup tones on iOS or Android platforms? Curious if there's any differences just coming out of the gate.

Im on android.

Hmmm. I'm on iOS. I wonder if that has any bearing on this?

I'll be curious to see what devices others are using who are experiencing the two tones. It wouldn't be the first time an update impacted the two device platforms differently.

Hmmm. I'm on iOS. I wonder if that has any bearing on this?

I'll be curious to see what devices others are using who are experiencing the two tones. It wouldn't be the first time an update impacted the two device platforms differently.
I doubt because its coming from the Mavic its self.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky