DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Starting MAVIC Pro motors with CSC

DPI

Reactions
I have recently purchased a brand new Mavic Pro. As the samsung phone I was planning on using did not want to work properly, I tried using just the remote controller to carry out checks.
At first it would not connect, so after a youtube check I found the connect button on the Drone and that solved that problem.
But I cannot get the motors to start just using the controller sticks.
As I understand it it should be Left stick down and to the right, Right stick down and to the left, together.

But nothing happens although the drones lights and fans are all going/flashing at the rear, glowing red at the front.

Any assistance would be appreciated. And yes I did do a search for similar subjects in the foru but could not find anything on this.

Do you have Beginner Mode enabled? If so, the motors will not start until the Mavic has a good GPS connection. Try disabling Beginner Mode in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Beginner-Mode.jpg

Thanks, but ss I said, I am trying to start this without a smart device attached, which according to the paperwork should be possible.

Right, you don't need to have a smart device attached in order to start the motors. Like I said though, you'll need to make sure Beginner Mode is disabled if your Mavic does not have a good GPS connection (e.g. when indoors). You'll need to attach your smart device to check that setting in DJI GO.

I
But nothing happens although the drones lights and fans are all going/flashing at the rear, glowing red at the front.
What is status indicator in the rear flashing?

Regardless, you will need a device to use DJI Go4 and I'd personally wait till that was done before trying too much else.

Mike

@DPI, have you ever connected your Mavic to DJI GO? If not, you'll need to do that in order to register it in DJI GO. You will not be able to start the motors before registering it.

Reactions: Mossiback
OK, thanks everyone for good advice, seems I am stuck with having to wait. Got the smart device loaded up etc, and connected now, a Samsung TAB4 that I knew I had, where was the issue. But now have to wait for a longer cable before moving forward on this.

...Got the smart device loaded up etc, and connected now, a Samsung TAB4 that I knew I had, where was the issue. But now have to wait for a longer cable before moving forward on this.
You can use the USB data cable that came with your Samsung. Make sure the short cable is unplugged from the side of the RC.

You can use the USB data cable that came with your Samsung. Make sure the short cable is unplugged from the side of the RC.
Could't get my Tab4 to work until I tried your suggestion. It worked........interesting fix. Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair