DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Starting of a drone business

Tommyc9494

Reactions
Hi everyone I’m new to the site and could do with some advice. After searching the internet for business ideas I came across a site suggesting that drone business are becoming more and more popular . I’m a complete newbie to drones Iv always though they where cool but never enough to buy one.so I have some questions I could do with answering

1 do you need to be a fully qualified surveyor to offer drone surveys of property and land

2 would it be best to buy a cheap drone first to learn with say upto £50 and if so any suggestions please

3 as the battery life seems pretty bad could I buy a couple of batteries so I could change them as needed

4 I plan to get a drone license and insurance as required but not until I can fly one any idea how long it will take to master a drone

50 quid will only get you a piece of junk for kids.

2nd hand Mavic Air or the original Mavic Pro would do you better and have a resell value if you decide it isnt for you.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
50 quid will only get you a piece of junk for kids.

2nd hand Mavic Air or the original Mavic Pro would do you better and have a resell value if you decide it isnt for you.
Cheers dude I think I’ll go for a second hand Mavic pro

Cheers guys I don’t suppose you could shed any light on the other questions I asked in particular the one about doing drone surveys

Cheers guys I don’t suppose you could shed any light on the other questions I asked in particular the one about doing drone surveys
You'll need your pfco if you are going to use it for paid work... costs about a grand, then insurance.

1. Yes, but drone pilots provide mapping and modeling services to many businesses like golf courses and resorts.
2.Buy a DJI Spark. It's a great drone to start with. You can learn to fly and learn how to use the DJI Go4 app and learn the technical aspects of deliverables for clients. It's not a big investment and you will still want to use it after you've learned and gained experience rather than wasting your money on cheaper drones that you'll outgrow quickly.
3.You will want to get the Flymore package with the remote and three batteries and prop guards.
4.The time it takes is up to you. The more time you spend in the air and the more time you spend learning the other aspects (camera settings, apps, processing and deliverables) the quicker you'll become a proficient pilot.

Ultimately depending on when you're ready to move up you will want to get yourself a Phantom 4 Pro(currently the "standard" for mapping) or perhaps by then the Phantom 5 will have been released.
Take full advantage of the online resources like this forum and lot's of YouTube videos. I would also start by listening to the DroneU podcast. It will give you quite a bit of insight to the industry.
Good luck and give it a try, worst case scenario you end up with a great drone and a great hobby

1. Yes, but drone pilots provide mapping and modeling services to many businesses like golf courses and resorts.
2.Buy a DJI Spark. It's a great drone to start with. You can learn to fly and learn how to use the DJI Go4 app and learn the technical aspects of deliverables for clients. It's not a big investment and you will still want to use it after you've learned and gained experience rather than wasting your money on cheaper drones that you'll outgrow quickly.
3.You will want to get the Flymore package with the remote and three batteries and prop guards.
4.The time it takes is up to you. The more time you spend in the air and the more time you spend learning the other aspects (camera settings, apps, processing and deliverables) the quicker you'll become a proficient pilot.

Ultimately depending on when you're ready to move up you will want to get yourself a Phantom 4 Pro(currently the "standard" for mapping) or perhaps by then the Phantom 5 will have been released.
Take full advantage of the online resources like this forum and lot's of YouTube videos. I would also start by listening to the DroneU podcast. It will give you quite a bit of insight to the industry.
Good luck and give it a try, worst case scenario you end up with a great drone and a great hobby
Thankyou very much your response to questions 1 has made my night I’m also looking into doing a mapping course as an extra I’ll definitely be sure to stick around on the fourm and I’ll check everything else out thanks again

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52