DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State Farm canceled me today

Yep, had filed a claim this past fall (Oct) when I crashed my Mavic (total loss). Received a payout and bought a new Mavic. I contacted them and gave them the updated serial number of the new drone to continue with the policy. Today I received a letter from State Farm saying that my policy will NOT be renewed due to the fact that I had made a claim. Looks like State Farm is getting smart to the fact that its a no win policy on drones. At least my policy goes till April before I have no more coverage on it. BTW this is the first claim I have made on any Ins.policy I have taken out in 25 years with State Farm.

This is the opposite of the experience I have had. I actually crashed my porsche on the track and they covered me and the car and did not drop me. I wonder how much the agent has to say about dropping someone?

Yep, had filed a claim this past fall (Oct) when I crashed my Mavic (total loss). Received a payout and bought a new Mavic. I contacted them and gave them the updated serial number of the new drone to continue with the policy. Today I received a letter from State Farm saying that my policy will NOT be renewed due to the fact that I had made a claim. Looks like State Farm is getting smart to the fact that its a no win policy on drones. At least my policy goes till April before I have no more coverage on it. BTW this is the first claim I have made on any Ins.policy I have taken out in 25 years with State Farm.

State Farm will tell you right up front that if you make a claim "within the first year of the policy" that they will probably cancel you.
It's not new.
I just renewed for my second year in October. They doubled the rate from $30. a year to $60.
I knew the rate hike was going to happen as I got in for the same $30. rate a week before they raised it.
We'll see where it goes.

No good neighbors in the insurance business. They don't really care about you, just the money. They make sure if they have to pay out, that they either get it back in a year or two, or just dump you ........ Like a good Neighbor.

When I first started driving, all carriers charged an inexperienced driver surcharge for first year or two.
State farm was always much higher. When I asked why they were so high, was told because I was inexperienced. I know that, so does Allstate and you're higher than them. Why? No clear answer.

I soon went with Geico for about 15 years. After a couple tickets and an accident, Geico raised my rate but I was able to get lower with Progressive. At the same time a colleague had the opposite due to bad credit. He had Progressive that raised his rate, and Geico was cheaper for him.
So both Progressive and Geico lost a client and gained a client.

You should start shopping around for insurance. I too, like you have been with the same Insurance for over 25 yrs. I was surprised to see how much more I was paying by not doing so.
A big competitor company was almost half on my Motorhome policy with the same coverages and hundreds lower on my 3 homes.
Ship around [emoji106]

Oh, trust me, I did and now happier than ever.

25 years of premiums and a cancelled policy on a thousand dollar payout? Doesn't sound like a good neighbor to me.

As a lawyer, half my clients (ok, that's an exa
State Farm is a crappy company! They canceled us after 40+ years. Went with USAA since I’m a vet. Polished and gracious company!

I know this is an old post, but let me just say as a lawyer I deal with State Farm all the time, including many long-time customers who had similar experiences as you. You are correct that USAA is a far better insurer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett