DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State farm insurance

Miggy21

Reactions
I've been looking through threats and googling it like crazy. I saw a list of state farm agents that regularly insure drones but I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore. I called a local agent I have for car insurance to see how much it would be to cover my MPP and they said it would be 600 a year and a 500 dollar deductible. Now there is no way I'm paying that much when I could just save it and buy a new one anyways. I've seen people say it costs them 60 a year with no deductible and I have no idea how or what I'm doing wrong here. Help please, I'm getting to where I've logged a lot of hours and I wanna cover it just in case

Reactions: mega
I've been looking through threats and googling it like crazy. I saw a list of state farm agents that regularly insure drones but I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore. I called a local agent I have for car insurance to see how much it would be to cover my MPP and they said it would be 600 a year and a 500 dollar deductible. Now there is no way I'm paying that much when I could just save it and buy a new one anyways. I've seen people say it costs them 60 a year with no deductible and I have no idea how or what I'm doing wrong here. Help please, I'm getting to where I've logged a lot of hours and I wanna cover it just in case

Tagging along on this one, I too have been looking for good drone insurance

Reactions: Miggy21
I have it, and it’s only $60 a year. They will need aircraft make and serial number, and a copy of the receipt.
I tried that when I talked to my agent. He said it would be 600 a year with a 500 deductible. He said he didnt want to insure it though so it could be because of that. Was trying to figure out if anyone knew a list of people who would be willing to do it just not at ludicrous rates
I live in Virginia in the USA if that helps

Mine is 60.00 a year thru State Farm . It's a personal articles policy . 60.00 actually covers up to 5000.00 per year . So you can add other items . I not only have my drones and rc airplanes but also home computers on it up to 5000.00 total value . It's not tied to any other policy such as homeowners or rental. Check with any State Farm office . I don't believe it's available in every state (I may be wrong) .

I tried that when I talked to my agent. He said it would be 600 a year with a 500 deductible. He said he didnt want to insure it though so it could be because of that. Was trying to figure out if anyone knew a list of people who would be willing to do it just not at ludicrous rates
I live in Virginia in the USA if that helps

I’d try calling a different office, and ask for another SF rep. That seems way off.

The actual insurance cost of the MPP was only 27.00 but there is a 60.00 min. . 60.00 covers up to 5000.00. My insurance agent is out of Marlow Ok.. Policy is written by State Farm Fire and casualty co. 4700 south Providence , Columbia, Mo 65217 It's State Farm personal articles policy

Reactions: CJenk42
Here is the list of agents. I used an agent from this list yesterday and get myself covered for $30 a year (drone only.)

Reactions: Astom22
State Farm agents are all different. Even if the website says their office offers Personal Articles policy, they can decide to not cover you if they want. Some only will write you a policy if you have other policies with State Farm.

Just call around different agents and get the best deal. FYI mine cost me 75.00/year.

Ok. Here's the facts. In State of Georgia.
State Farm in Savannah Merideth Lamas (contact me for her number) had NO PROBLEM instantly writing me year long protection on my drone from loss, theft, or damage of any kind for $60. Paid with my debit card and recieved email confirmation. No problem at. I'm covered for the full non-sale cost of the combo pro at $1299 even though I paid $999 on sale at best buy I didn't want to be screwed because of the sale...
She said she's had several people get insurance on thier drone and no one has filed a claim yet.. So, hopefully this gives me the confidence to fly out there!!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54