DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State Farm personal article insurance

Just got mine covered today here in AZ!! I do not have any existing policies with State Farm. The first agent I went to had no idea about the policy and told me I had to have auto or home or renters insurance with them in order to get the personal articles coverage. After I heard that I called one down the street and was told I did not need any existing or additional policy with State Farm. 8 minutes later and $60 minimum for 1 year $0 deductible I had full coverage for my drone ($1000), and going back this week to place $3500 in firearms under the policy for no additional cost. The $60 covers up to $5000 in items... at least that is what I was told by my agent. What a great deal and I highly recommend it for anyone trying to decide between DJI Care Refresh and State farm. Also, if the first agent or two doesn't understand what you want move on the the next (unless you are in CA!).

Just got mine covered today here in AZ!! I do not have any existing policies with State Farm. The first agent I went to had no idea about the policy and told me I had to have auto or home or renters insurance with them in order to get the personal articles coverage. After I heard that I called one down the street and was told I did not need any existing or additional policy with State Farm. 8 minutes later and $60 minimum for 1 year $0 deductible I had full coverage for my drone ($1000), and going back this week to place $3500 in firearms under the policy for no additional cost. The $60 covers up to $5000 in items... at least that is what I was told by my agent. What a great deal and I highly recommend it for anyone trying to decide between DJI Care Refresh and State farm. Also, if the first agent or two doesn't understand what you want move on the the next (unless you are in CA!).
That was exactly my experience as well. And i, too, added some firearms to fully utilize the policy. I think many of the people who are having problems with agents not knowing what a "drone policy" is are asking the wrong question. It isn't a "drone policy", it is a personal articles policy and you want your drone covered under that policy. Personal articles policies are very common and every agent at any insurer should know what that is.

$60 for me here in NY

When I called, the agent actually knew more about the Mavic than I did.

Told me about the new Platinum that was just announced 3 hours before I called them and I didn't have a clue.

Started my plan over a year ago. My premium is a bit higher due to my Inspire being covered
Just got coverage yesterday for my MP. I was quoted $15! Then when they put it in the computer, it finally said that this was below the $60 minimum. It looks like $60 is the minimum amount they will write a policy for now. Still, very reasonable.

Just curious, but if $60 is the minimum required (this is actually what I paid to insure my Fly More Combo), but would be the maximum coverage for that amount if I wanted to add more stuff to my policy?

So, I’m new to this game. Someone please help me out. I got a Mavic Air. Just arrived today, in fact. I was looking at DJI Care Refresh, but it only covers the first year according to the website. So, I was looking at a SquareTrade policy to cover it with accidental coverage w/no deductible, but that’s $359 for 3 years. Do you all do DJI Care Refresh for the first year and then move on to something like a SF PAP policy?

Just recently purchased insurance from SF the policy was 50 dollars for the year. Not too shabby if I say so myself.....

My State Farm agent said I cannot insure it unless it is used for my primary income....

I have a call in a few minutes with a State Farm agent. We will be discussing the coverage as well the costs and already I feel like he is going to try and sell me other coverage because he was asking me about what my current house/auto insurance and already told me that there could be further discounts I can take advantage of if I add....blah blah...didn't really go through the details but I'll find out in a few if this is going to be a non hassle issue. sigh

Wow, ok so far the 1st experience with the first local agent is giving me a run around asking about a lot of questions about my other coverages for home, auto, etc. This agency seems to be about advisory and how they can get me to cover for all my coverage needs. Right now, I still don't have a quote.

With that said, I called another agent and this time around she mentioned to me that she is aware of the PAP and they just started covering that and she will call me back with a quote. Seems to be much more straightforward than the first one.

Now time will tell to see if this is going to work out. It's giving me a headache at this point in time :)

Finally the 2nd agent I spoke to quoted me $85 for the entire year for $3000 coverage and $55 for $2000 or so. No hassle, just have to send in the receipts that I want coverage and they can start the process. I'll be signing up with them and unfortunately the 1st agent essentially quoted me auto and PAP for like $280+ for a yearly coverage. Now I don't know how that breaks down but he'll be sending me the breakdown. We will see although I don't need Auto coverage :)

Hello to all,..!! If you’re near the Maryland, D.C., Virginia area just cal Justin at State Farm in Baltimore to get good, solid coverage- and get your questions answered,... Justin, 1-410-444-8800. Happy, safe flying,.... [emoji106]

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Mavic Air. It appears that SF will cover the same as what DJI Care Refresh does. If this is the case, should I just go for the SF insurance and forget about DJI Care Refresh since defects would be covered under DJI's warranty? If you feel that I should have both, could you please explain why? Thanks in advance, Ray :)

If this is the case, should I just go for the SF insurance and forget about DJI Care Refresh since defects would be covered under DJI's warranty? If you feel that I should have both, could you please explain why?
What defects would exist after a year of flying? When is this "defect" going to happen... when the drone is sitting on the ground turned off? A PAP covers pretty much any risk with just a few exceptions.

What defects would exist after a year of flying? When is this "defect" going to happen... when the drone is sitting on the ground turned off? A PAP covers pretty much any risk with just a few exceptions.

Defects "within the warranty period" such as something internal/external caused through the production process. Let's say I'm flying and it fall out of the sky with the cause for example, being a loose internal wire not properly wired and/or soldered. Thanks, Ray

Defects "within the warranty period" such as something internal/external caused through the production process. Let's say I'm flying and it fall out of the sky with the cause for example, being a loose internal wire not properly wired and/or soldered. Thanks, Ray

The damage would be caused by the fall and it would be covered. Worse case, if the insurance company spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to determine what part failed, that part might not be covered but all of the additional damage caused by the fall would be. They won't do that. They will just send you a thousand dollars.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas