DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Staten Island - abandoned farm colony - New York

Nice job. Agree on the color grading; well done.

Excellent!

Staten Island! Where I grew up! South Beach. I was there a few weeks ago.

yup im phil
Love your stuff! Your Tappan Zee footage earlier in the year encouraged me to try it. I've gotten out to the bridge a few times now. I'm pretty happy with the results so far. Not as brave as yours, but I'm not done there yet :) (Interesting that you flew over the tops of the towers which stand 419' off the water...so, so much for those FAA regulations, aye?). I've been hesitant to go under the span for fear of interference (and the drone deciding to rise to RTH height before coming back to me :) I suppose I could set it to 20 feet or something like that. Did you have any issues under there?

Anyway...your stuff is inspirational...I need to find some of those locations. I'm right over in Purchase...so your in my backyard!

- Gary

Love your stuff! Your Tappan Zee footage earlier in the year encouraged me to try it. I've gotten out to the bridge a few times now. I'm pretty happy with the results so far. Not as brave as yours, but I'm not done there yet :) (Interesting that you flew over the tops of the towers which stand 419' off the water...so, so much for those FAA regulations, aye?). I've been hesitant to go under the span for fear of interference (and the drone deciding to rise to RTH height before coming back to me :) I suppose I could set it to 20 feet or something like that. Did you have any issues under there?

Anyway...your stuff is inspirational...I need to find some of those locations. I'm right over in Purchase...so your in my backyard!

- Gary

Thanks !! I shot the Tappan zee bridge with my mavic pro, and didn't have any problems. I wouldn't try it with my mavic air as i'm sure I would lose it. I was a little nervous at first when I went behind the old bridge, but I never lost signal. I would be more worried that RTH would hit one of the pillars on the way back, there is a lot of stuff under that bridge. As for flying over the towers, I was under the assumption that you can fly 400ft above an object, not that I would ever fly 400 feet over the Tappan zee, I try my best to be as safe as possible, but that bridge was so pretty I had to get up there lol.

Wow, very nice. I lived in SI for about 5 or 6yrs. Never came across that. You need a great job.

Thanks !! I shot the Tappan zee bridge with my mavic pro, and didn't have any problems. I wouldn't try it with my mavic air as i'm sure I would lose it. I was a little nervous at first when I went behind the old bridge, but I never lost signal. I would be more worried that RTH would hit one of the pillars on the way back, there is a lot of stuff under that bridge. As for flying over the towers, I was under the assumption that you can fly 400ft above an object, not that I would ever fly 400 feet over the Tappan zee, I try my best to be as safe as possible, but that bridge was so pretty I had to get up there lol.
The angling was terrific from the top of the bridge - and seeing all of the equipment in the top of the stanchions was very cool...but the fantasy is flying below the span...that's just really cool. Where were you standing while flying below? Were you at that park north of the bridge or did you get a better LOS somewhere else?

The angling was terrific from the top of the bridge - and seeing all of the equipment in the top of the stanchions was very cool...but the fantasy is flying below the span...that's just really cool. Where were you standing while flying below? Were you at that park north of the bridge or did you get a better LOS somewhere else?

Imgur I was standing at this point marked as the red dot, Its the best spot I have found so far. I had tried to find a place on the opposite side of the bride to launch, I know there is a trail back there, but I haven't had the chance to check it out, I believe its called the riverwalk path.

Imgur I was standing at this point marked as the red dot, Its the best spot I have found so far. I had tried to find a place on the opposite side of the bride to launch, I know there is a trail back there, but I haven't had the chance to check it out, I believe its called the riverwalk path.
Yes...that's exactly where I launched from as well! It's a great little park with benches and no one really bothers you. I've been all the way across the river from there and then came back along the bridge line. I crossed over the roadway on the eastern side, but ran into a lot of wind (in fact, I saw a "Severe wind warning, land safely now" message that I had never seen before...so I didn't hang around for very long...but I did get to the old bridge, just not down to it.

I'll be going back next nice weekend...and maybe I'll get myself under it.
DJI_0088-r.jpg DJI_0090-r.jpg TZB1.jpg

Reactions: cheezstake

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d