DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Status Indicators fine but Gimbal Motor Too Large error

johnbuck

Reactions
Hi all...
I'm new to this forum. I borrowed a friend's Mavic Pro for a video shoot and during our 2nd shot, the drone reported a 20% battery life (even though there were 15 minutes of time left) and suddenly shut off...thankfully it was only about 40 ft up and fell on a thin bush.

After inspecting the drone and collecting two halves of a broken propellor, I noticed that one of the bands from the vibration plate were broken, leaving the gimbal hanging from that the front right side. When I put a fully charged battery on the drone, the gimbal video feed displays fine although I get a yellow warning saying Gimbal Motor Too Large. I know that the vibration plate needs replaced and have seen many videos on YouTube walking through the process, but is there anything else that I should be looking at? Any software that, if you plug your drone into your computer, will give you a diagnostic report?

I did order a new vibration plate and found info, on this forum and others, about DDS Drone Services. Is it worth replacing the plate and diagnosing myself or is it better to just have someone else fix it (i.e. DDS Drone Services)? If its best to send it out, are DDS Drone Services a fair and legit company?

I'd appreciate any and all feedback as I want to have the drone in the same condition as it was when I borrowed it. Thanks in advance and hope you're having a blessed day!

Last edited:
Hi all...
I'm new to this forum. I borrowed a friend's Mavic Pro for a video shoot and during our 2nd shot, the drone reported a 20% battery life (even though there were 15 minutes of time left) and suddenly shut off...thankfully it was only about 40 ft up and fell on a thin bush.

After inspecting the drone and collecting two halves of a broken propellor, I noticed that one of the bands from the vibration plate were broken, leaving the gimbal hanging from that the front right side. When I put a fully charged battery on the drone, the gimbal video feed displays fine although I get a yellow warning saying Gimbal Motor Too Large. I know that the vibration plate needs replaced and have seen many videos on YouTube walking through the process, but is there anything else that I should be looking at? Any software that, if you plug your drone into your computer, will give you a diagnostic report?

I did order a new vibration plate and found info, on this forum and others, about DDS Drone Services. Is it worth replacing the plate and diagnosing myself or is it better to just have someone else fix it (i.e. DDS Drone Services)? If its best to send it out, are DDS Drone Services a fair and legit company?

I'd appreciate any and all feedback as I want to have the drone in the same condition as it was when I borrowed it. Thanks in advance and hope you're having a blessed day!
Yes @DDS is an excellent choice . I. have used them myself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki