DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STAY HOME YES, NO,

you will have to make do with a nice stroll ,or cycle ,maybe a walk would be safer
The mind says I can, but the body says nope sorry. Been there done that, you will find as you get older, there will be "MANY" things that you think you can do but can't, JOIN THE CUB. it's great to get old, it does have it's advantages. Me I'm older than dirt.
And yes I still fly quads, get a hobby, it will keep you young.

Last edited:
Hey Bob,, I am right down the road from you in Morgan Hill. I have been on a couple of rides as well but that,s about it. When the wind isn't to bad I have sent my drone up from the house to a field at the end of the street. Maybe when were able to we should meet up and ride somewhere cool to fly.

Have to wait till the distancing thing is done. So many cool place to fly. I did lone tree with the wife the other day.

Reactions: JB5
I have a new set of Master Airscrew props I will be putting on my Spark and will fly in the backyard which I enjoy doing even before the lockdown.
Flying low and in close range is how I work on my ninja maneuvers. ?

in my 4th week of isolation now ,and somehow my darling wife is still alive (joke) i have a little syma indoor drone that i use in winter and i have been flying it in the garden for the last two days,in this glorious weather, have two batteries which take a good hour to charge using two chargers and then i get about 6 to 7 mins flight time per battery, no GPS so it will blow about in any sort of wind ,but its great fun and reminds me how good having GPS is, and most of all it is getting out for some fresh air, because of my age and my medical issues i am not allowed to go out from my home at all, just another 8 weeks to go i hope
You keep safe and you will get to fly your drone. I am flying my MM indoors with the supplied protectors

Reactions: old man mavic
you are supposed to stay home, only go to grocery store or drug store,
my question? what are you doing now?
Generally we are behaving. Wife and I (empty nesters) do forays to the grocery store (Publix) with mask on, and now, gloves too. I have access to a private tennis court and have a doubles game Mon-Wed-Fri with three trusted friends (2 woman one man). The tow women are single and my age group( 80's) and live alone. We don't contact each other and are at least 6 feet apart. We throw the tennis balls away after the set and use hand sanitizer before touching our car door handle.

I have managed to develop a drone project from my driveway, which is, trying to do a hyperlapse sunset. I've done this four separate times (4 evenings) and still haven't gotten it right. Last night I finally got some great footage (4 separate clips) in the hyperlapse mode. I saved the DNG files in the app, so now I have the RAW files of each clip (4 x 125 frames), and the pre-processed clips as well (JPG files) . Those pre-processed clips are 1080p and they are still wobbly. (I am using Mavic 2 Pro). I then develope the RAW files one at a time in LRTimelaspe5.

For today's continuation of this project, I am planning to run all four LRTimelapse clips through Adobe Premiere Pro or After Effects Warp Stabilizer. I'll let you know how this comes out. So this will occupy most of my day today.

Oh, by the way, we have managed to binge watch FAUDA on Netflix and are now going to watch another series starting tonight.

My next project will be to do the same thing with sunrises.

Reactions: Thomas B
To stay sharp on the sticks, I've started spending more time flying my EMAX TinyHawk 2 drones around the house.

Also, since construction support is considered an essential job here in Colorado, we can work and still practice Social Distancing.IMG_0917 4.jpg

I'm in British Columbia, Canada and we are not locked in yet. My brother was in contact with a Provincial medical authority and was told that keeping proper social distancing (2meters/6 feet) and no groups while out and about, motorcycle touring is allowed. So no tailgating or riding abreast and we are good to go now that it's starting to warm up and the gas is cheap(er). Guessing you can't do a "Sunday Drive" in a car unless you're by yourself or you are not social distancing...
what about people you live with

im approaching my 60th soon .. never run in my life , decided to do the couch to 5k runnign thing .. week 1 i got hip pains (IT Band) ...2nd week did more stretching but got more pain - I wont make week 3 ... Will stick to my bicycle `i think... guess my old bones are not made for running.,...
so do a brisk walk instead of running not so hard on the bones as running is

so do a brisk walk instead of running not so hard on the bones as running is
Plenty of walking here ... I’m into my cycling and thought running might make a change ..it did , I need to wait for my hip pain to subside before I jump on the bike again lol my bad..

I'm classed as a key worker (I.T. guy for a tool sharpening co- go figure!) so not a lot different for me- only takes me a third of the time to drive in in the morning currently though. Used to work in the NHS and a couple of friends have tested positive, one in ITU on a ventilator but the other hasn't even shown any symptoms.

I'm not preaching to anyone but please look at the bigger picture and consider the repercussions. A bike sped out in front of me on a roundabout last week- close call but thankfully no hit. Couldn't help but wonder how many resources that would've tied up: police/ambulance/nurses/doctors etc all because he was in a rush. In the UK, biggest thing is easing the strain on the NHS so they can concentrate on this virus.

No other businesses on the estate are open so I'll do my work tomorrow and make use of the emptiness here for an hour after and have a little drone- better than annoying the neighbours!

Stupidly I did a list last night of local places that would be awesome to drone- problem now is the list keeps goading me knowing it'll be a while until I can!

Stay safe y'all ;)
P

Flew my air last week near folsom lake, we live in the foothils. Also go,d prospecting is my hobby and i hike along a river where no people are and find a little gold. Also working on my newly bought 92 jeep wrangler.
keep healthy and better days will come !

Stay home, please. Just for once can’t even the adults follow simple instructions? I have to go out as a FedEx Driver and I see urgent visits to Starbucks, etc. People are selfish. Also, that mask you are wearing in your car or inside Walmart is doing nothing to protect you.

Pretty much groceries for going out. Bummer that we can’t see the grandkids. I still ride my motorcycle though. My wife says Friday night date night is now going thru the automatic car wash and stopping for take out custard ?. As for spending so much time together, we have been in training for this for years. From 2002 until 2013 we spent life in a 400sf motorhome, so being close is not a problem, plus it’s easier in a 2500sf house?

Oh, and I still fly my MA and MPP from my yard. Still have my drums and wood models to stay busy. Plus we both love to read. As mentioned, we stay clear of anyone and everyone.

I'm on the computer reading your post. Then following the regulations that everyone should be following. Just lost one of our classmates to this virus.

Staying home! I’m more fortunate than many others in that we live on 2 rural acres and I can fly whenever the wind decides to let up. I can also spend some time shooting my airguns at leaves, dead branches, etc. Did you know that Wolfgang Mozart shot targets with his family every weekend? I don’t think he flew a drone though. ? Sorry, TMI?

Thankfully, my home backs on to 200 plus acres, that is well posted as private property. I've flown a couple of time, charged the mavic & p3a in anticipation of a long flyday witj my 4 boys today. woke to heavy wet snowfall!! So, its back to the garage, lots to do on my 62 Fairlane. Thankfully, boys have lots to do without leaving our property.
Keep safe everyone
cheers from Ontario, Canada

Reactions: pelagic_one
because of my age and my medical issues i am not allowed to go out from my home at all
[/QUOTE]
Hello, Sorry for you to be "prisoner" of your age ;-) I'am in a "health" situation (let's suppose...)but I have decided to stay free from any medical "order" (!!) and as I'm "fatalist" I'm still going in the nature to fly the drone often and to walk. Be "fatalist" too and desobey to medial order and move outside (except if you suffer of a "movment deficienc"y which I hope it's not de case.
Here in Belgium the weather is marvelous and rare so, this is also a good reason to enjoy drone et nature... Do it !
Bob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki