DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stealth Flying Neighborhood

So, clearly, since you cannot maintain VLOS at night without the drone's LED navigational lights, this would put anyone in the USA doing so in clear violation of FAA requirements, even if you still had the aftermarket FAA compliant strobe flashing atop the drone, yes?

Being in Australia too - I’d love to agree with you, but it’s totally illegal to shoot down a drone in Australia as it is in the U.S (on your property or not).

That’s not to say I don’t agree with you - I mean, why are they there?

The “punishment” isn’t yours to hand out though, unfortunately.

Image from CASA and another source:

A5311DD8-EDA7-45C0-A963-33C166993C30.jpeg

3DBD9E5A-027A-435A-928F-9D168844AC0E.jpeg

In Aussie we can only legally fly from first light to last light unless you have a ReOC that has applied CASA Instrument 01/17 and then night VLOS (or EVLOS) trained or have proof of training for the RePL holder.

So for us sadly it's illegal to fly at night without prior authorization from CASA via a ReOC.

It's also illegal to fly with FPV, unless you hold an instrument certification, and that cert is the same one that manned aircraft pilots do, that's a whole lot of way too much work and time for me :)

Reactions: eva2000
A UAV/UAS/drone is internationally considered an aircraft. Therefore it is unlikely to be legal for a civilian to shoot at one in any developed country.

Y'all be cool,
Robert

Reactions: pommy
The only time it's ok (in my opinion, and the law too) to 'stealth' film anything is for wildlife shots, doing it to humans is called stalking. I have literally shot a drone down with an Adler 12g that was poking around my farm shed, only thieves do that.
isnt that against the law? You actually shot down a drone. #loosecannon

I am huge fan of flying from inside the car, as we have quite a few videos on the Air 2s and Air 2 , just make sure you have a clear line of sight , you will be amazed at how different and relaxing it is.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
I agree. I do this as well when I'm flying in a large public area. Even better if there's a parking garage where I can park on the top floor with no cover. I put the landing pad on top of my SUV, sit in the car, take pictures of the buildings and landscape, and no one bothers me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada