DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

sticky drone and how to clean

beeflyin

Reactions
Bought (and removed) one of the mavic wetsuits. Didn't work well on my drone, but now there is all this sticky residue left behind. Tried small amount of rubbing alcohol per DJI, but still not clean. Any suggestions?

Unless someone says NO, wipe with a cloth sprayed with WD40 perhaps? Try a small, sample, non-stressed area first just to see if there adverse reaction.

Reactions: Fizzbang and Mike49
I had an issue with a computer case that my daughter spilled some funky adhesive/glue type toy on... I have no idea what it was, some type of gunky thing... Anyway... It landed on the case and was inside and outside the case, that was not coming off easily.

I used a mixture of Isopropyl Alcohol Wipes and cooking oil. Dabbed it on, let it sit for about 5 minutes, then wiped it off with a non abrasive brilo pad. The Isopropyl Alcohol didn't work by itself, but it helped get the worst of it off. The cooking oil + wipes worked a treat.

Not sure how safe it would be to use on a drone. But I imagine the plastics are of similar type, and I didn't see any of the color come off.

Best way to take off a Wet Suit is just to keep it near a cool vent for an hour , peels off nice without any residue.
If you have some Residue because you took it off in a warm environment , you just need a little Goo Gone to wipe it clean.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. . Land on the Water.

Reactions: Capt KO
Bought (and removed) one of the mavic wetsuits. Didn't work well on my drone, but now there is all this sticky residue left behind. Tried small amount of rubbing alcohol per DJI, but still not clean. Any suggestions?
I use furniture spray polish to remove the sticky residue of labels, if that’s any help, cheers Len

Goo Gone is primarily xylene, if you can find that. Naptha (lighter fluid) might also work. Just don't saturate the surface with it.

Trying to find GooGone in Ukraine (before the war) was impossible to find haha... Had to order it on Amazon in the UK and then wait weeks to get the thing bloody shipped.

Those products are just citrus-scented kerosene. Kerosene should be more readily available just about anywhere.

I just crashed my Mini 2 and removed my wetsuit before returning it to DJI for Care Refresh. It had glue residue that I wanted to remove.

Don't like using any fluids on electronics. What I do is rub the areas with my fingers until the residue balls up. Then I take some very sticky tape (gaffers or duct tape works well) and use it to pick up the residue using the sticky side.

Doesn't damage the finish and with a little effort, it works well.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming