DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Still learning Panoramic photography...

I did a 3 photo Panoramic shot on a tripod with our Canon G7X and loaded the RAW files into Photoshop 2021. No editing just had Photoshop auto fill edges and then saved 3 different extensions of that 1 Panoramic.
Outcome was ( TIFF 315 MB - GIF 13.3 MB - JPEG 16.0 MB ) both TIFF and JPEG were fully editable and GIF very limited, and I mean very very limited.
In my eye the TIFF might be slightly sharper then the JPEG but not to noticeable and the JPEG might have slightly more saturation then the TIFF but not to noticeable,
For me the file size is the deciding factor for what I do with our Panoramic photo's. I'll try and do a larger Panoramic and see if the outcome is the same but I'm assuming it will be ?
Just checked....one of my panos is 493MB (TIFF) and 53MB (JPEG).....same picture.....created from a 9 shot auto-pano from my M2P, and the ability to zoom in is about the same in both formats.....I must have previously saved the JPEG in less than 100% which I redid again at 100%.

Another lesson learned!

Just checked....one of my panos is 493MB (TIFF) and 53MB (JPEG).....same picture.....created from a 9 shot auto-pano from my M2P, and the ability to zoom in is about the same in both formats.....I must have previously saved the JPEG in less than 100% which I redid again at 100%.

Another lesson learned!
This forum is a nice tool to have for fine tuning our hobby. Thanks to everyone that posts and shares for all to learn, even this hard headed swed...lol.

Reactions: EricJT
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000