DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Still shots not recorded on camera nor controller

Feather Ridge

Reactions
First use of my DJI replacement 2pro on the refresh program. None of the still shots recorded. Most videos did, but not stills. Some videos with error 0xc10100be - not supported or corrupt.
So, back at home, I retry taking stills. Clicks as though the photo was taken, but not showing up on either the controller nor drone sd. Trying to download onto my phone with dji go4 is a joke. I've only been able to download one video in almost 2 hours of flight. Any thoughts? Very frustrated

Now, this error is showing: Cache Mode
The photos and videos you shot will be saved in the cache space of your mobile device. Go to the Editor to check after shooting. No support for setting some parameters

I'm using a smart controller. where to I do to find these photos??

Dunno... but recommend inserting a blank card in the drone or in the SC and then designating that card as storage location to avoid this problem in future flights.

If the recommendations to be sure it's recording to card don't pan out, I wonder if the refresh replacement was a refurb (hence, possibly a better chance of being defective than an actual factory new).

Chris

._DJI_0571 - then I had 4 videos with this name that are corrupt and won't open. Anyone have any idea why there would be files that would be unsupported?

Is it a new SD card? Is it suitable - not all are?
Did you format in the drone, PC or SC?
Is the SD in the drone or the SC? or have you tried both?
if you connect your drone to a PC does it show 2 USB Drives?
It is often the case that when you connect the USB cable to the PC you will get a suggestion that there is a problem with both drives but then shortly after you should be told there are 2 drives lets say D: E:. This is a Windows driver issue and happens with M2 Pro and Air - at least for me. Depending on where you have designated storage one of those will likely be empty. Most users will designate their SD as primary storage so the internal storage will usually be empty apart from a folder structure produced by formatting via the controller. Always best to NOT format with the PC but via the controller. You will find your videos and photos in the appropriate folders in the DCIM folder in one of the drives.

You can have SD storage in the SC as well and internal storage. Use File Explorer to look around the SC storage which is a bit of a rats nest and has a lot of other DJI files other than videos and photos. Does your SC gallery show any videos or photos corrupt or otherwise? have you set recording to cache on SC storage or not?

You may have tried this but you should be able to do some test videos/photos with the props off see what goes.

I would get a different SD card inserted in the drone and formatted via the SC. Should be possible to record some stuff in your home for testing.

I would also put a video ( anything ) on your SD card and see how it plays on your SC and see if you can transfer it back and forth between drone and SC see if it is designated corrupt or not. Could be your SC software has got corrupted? Maybe the drone SD slot is dodgy? Try re-seating it and try another card in the drone, As previously suggested a refurb may not have been checked properly and have faulty SD connection or other issues. If all testing fails back to DJI with a complaint I'm afraid.

There are settings that designates what format the files are saved in maybe you should review those and try some others. Some (4K) will not play and possibly will be designated corrupt depending on where you play them. PCs and Macs don't like the same video files.

._DJI_0571 - then I had 4 videos with this name that are corrupt and won't open. Anyone have any idea why there would be files that would be unsupported?
Unsupported file type usually means you are using software that doesn't support that file type.
Either change your software or change the file type.
Try selecting H264 rather than H265 and/or swapping to .mov or .mp4 file type, whichever is different from the one you aren't having luck with

With the same name (I assume all 4 videos with same filename extension)? On the same card / in the same folder? How is this even possible?

Corrupt or unsupported? Those aren't the same thing. What is the exact message you get on your computer when trying to play these files?

I assume that with your original drone, you used the same software and it worked before?

As I said before, it could be a bad drone you got as replacement. You could also be using a cheap card (or one that is does not have required ratings to be used for this purpose). The card could be labeled properly, but be counterfeit, so test it in another device.

Chris

Actually, file contents not supported by an application could cause the application to say it is corrupt, when another application can use it just fine.

Actually, file contents not supported by an application could cause the application to say it is corrupt, when another application can use it just fine.
While that is technically possible (an application giving a inaccurate user message to a file it cannot open), it's not a likely scenario, especially with popular applications used by most of us. Most [edit: ALL) well behaved apps will say "Not supported" when it it knows it isn't supported before even trying to open it, and then give some kind of "corrupt" message when it fails to open a file that it otherwise knows it supports (from the filename/extension and or file header/metadata).

But then, we don't know a lot here. The OP hasn't told us what app, nor what the actual feedback they're getting from it (as in exact text or screen shot of the app message).

Chris

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi