DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

stock battery mod

Nope you didn't talk too much. But the reason why everyone is quiet now is because they are listening to what you are saying. I'm listening to what you're saying too! It's hard for me to listen when I'm talking at the same time! I like to listen to people who know more than I do and help me prevent problems in the future. You obviously know more than I do.

18 amps may sound like a lot, but larger twin blade helicopters draw up to a 120 amps through the same wires that we are using. Believe it or not. So your comparison to shorter wires is a good one.

I think I talked to much and ran everybody off!!

Reactions: mnis and sprtbkrydr
I think 14 gauge wire is more than enough to handle the amp draw of a mavic. 18 amps is almost 5c for the Mavics battery. (3830 × 5 = 19,150) which is an extreme amp draw for the mavic.

The wires that @sprtbkrydr is using are fine.

P.S. I like that chart!

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
My personal opinion about which gauge wire to use is I use the thinnest gauge wire that exceeds the maximum anp draw of the component. So if 14 gauge will easily handle the maximum amp draw of what I'm trying to use it for, I would use that verses 12 gauge. Soldering thicker wires is sometimes a pain.

I think 14 gauge wire is more than enough to handle the amp draw of a mavic. 18 amps is almost 5c for the Mavics battery. (3830 × 5 = 19,150) which is an extreme amp draw for the mavic.

The wires that @sprtbkrydr is using are fine.

P.S. I like that chart!
I did have a chart that showed the wire length in inches and how much ampacity that each could handle using just inches of wire but I couldn't find that one.

Reactions: Former Member
The chart that you showed is very helpful and informative. Every good electrician probably knows that as a rule of thumb, but for people new to electronics, it's really an invaluable chart.

I'm on area NFZ cant test my mavic pro stock batteries mod is anyone try stock batteries mod please post video or picture

I've been a Licensed Electrician now going on 35 years.
hey what about trying to get the external batteries to draw power at a similar (or faster) rate to the DJI batteries?
with that objective, is there a benefit to shorter and wider gauge leads going to the external battery?
it seems like i had better luck with 12awg than 16awg in that respect, but from my limited understanding, it could have been a poor connection on the 16awg... or even a temperature difference?

Reactions: Texas Mavic
hey what about trying to get the external batteries to draw power at a similar (or faster) rate to the DJI batteries?
with that objective, is there a benefit to shorter and wider gauge leads going to the external battery?
it seems like i had better luck with 12awg than 16awg in that respect, but from my limited understanding, it could have been a poor connection on the 16awg... or even a temperature difference?

That’s a great question, 10C, 25C, ect...which is a closer discharge rate to the Mavic battery?

That’s a great question, 10C, 25C, ect...which is a closer discharge rate to the Mavic battery?
A different question might be what is the amp draw of a mavic? It really does not matter what the C rating of a lipo is if it's being drawn evenly with other batteries in parallel. If one battery has a C rating of 25 and another has a C rating of 10, if the amp draw is only 8 then both batteries will draw evenly. C Really refers to the rate at which the battery can be charged and discharged.

If there was a way to average velocity and acceleration, and how rpms marry with amperage consumption. Way over my head.

If there was a way to average velocity and acceleration, and how rpms marry with amperage consumption. Way over my head.

Not as hard as you think. If you fly a Mavic in Sport mode, wide open, for a whole battery, you will see how long a flight time you get. Repeat the process in P mode, and see the difference in ending voltage and compare the flight time.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
P mode certainly uses less battery. I don’t know what the math is, but look what I just did to my battery doing a hover test with two 3000mah turnigy lihv’s69187
29:13 flight time. Destroyed my battery

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun