It working here I left it there more then 30 mins no problem
mavic pro mod.jpg
here more clear picture

Attachments

• mavic pro mod 2.jpg
    mavic pro mod 2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I let the main battery blinking at 2 led 37% then I turn on the external battery I see on screen it go up to 52% then it continue go up I think 2 external battery is charging the main battery

Reactions: Cpt.Barbossa1072
My comment was to do with using the cheap after market car chargers as a primary wire for the battery modd cable . I bought 2 of them before I bought a dji car charger .
They don’t come close to a 14 ga. Wire . I stripped some 16 ga. Wire and it measures .056 “. I then opened up the wire on the cheap car charger and it comes in at a whopping .040 “ . Well that is a 18 ga. Wire. After I had read about people having battery clips welding them self’s in some of the older quads I thought the cheap chargers might not be the best choice. I know the wire got hot when I tried using the cheap car charger so I spent the 80 bucks up here and bought the dji one . The cheap one I got for 12 bucks off flea bay . I know the cheap charger don’t come close to 14ga . With my limited knowledge and a shop full of tools I was able to measure the cheap charger wires .
The charger cable is a shielded cable. You have to lose that cabling as much as possible. The point of using the end is to power other batteries right? Shielded cabling is beyond not the right cable to use in between the XT60 and the Mavic connector.

Reactions: Former Member
Yup it is not a very good wire
fae987d74ed4a1165aa43a650649e1c6.jpg

The outer shield wire feels like aluminum . The center one is harder stuff but it’s not copper wire . It feels like a type of SS wire . Total crap

That is shielded wire. The driven wire is great for making antennas. But not the choice for power delivery by any stretch. And vice versa. Shielded wire is meant to phase out interference to the driven wire. With voltage and amperage we want equal full flow of direct current. It’s not receiving radio waves, well it may be, but it’s some oddball frequency, and I could go on and on.... the smaller the number as far as wire gauge...but for weight, and our purposes here, anything bigger than 12guage is getting unreasonable as far as size and weight. And again, stranded wire is best. It disperses it’s own heat within the sheath of the wire. Solid could get hot enough to leave melt marks in the polyethylene shell of the Mavic. (I am guessing it’s high density polyethylene).

Does anyone know for sure what the max current draw of a mavic is using full power draw . If a person knows the max current ever being demanded then deciding on the size of wiring is easy .

The outer shield wire feels like aluminum . The center one is harder stuff but it’s not copper wire . It feels like a type of SS wire . Total crap
Does anyone know for sure what the max current draw of a mavic is using full power draw . If a person knows the max current ever being demanded then deciding on the size of wiring is easy .
Well I've used all different sizes for battery mods in the past. Some I used 14 gauge some I used 18 gauge. Any good silicon wire of these two sizes will handle anything that the Mavic Pro or Mavic 2 will ever demand without problem.

According to AirdataUAV all of my flights have always been below 15 amps of current draw.

I let the main battery blinking at 2 led 37% then I turn on the external battery I see on screen it go up to 52% then it continue go up I think 2 external battery is charging the main battery
You will have that problem if you don't have all the batteries charged up to the same voltage when you start. You're putting a half dead battery alongside a fully charged one naturally it's gonna try to charge it.

Multiply the voltage times the mah across all batteries. Then the math of the draw during use is a task to measure I’m sure. If you are wondering about wire guage still, that work has already been done for you. Inside the Mavic battery are two 12 gauge wires I believe. Stranded.

Multiply the voltage times the mah across all batteries. Then the math of the draw during use is a task to measure I’m sure. If you are wondering about wire guage still, that work has already been done for you. Inside the Mavic battery are two 12 gauge wires I believe. Stranded.
You got to remember we are dealing with inches of wire length here. A piece of 16 or even 18 gauge can handle very large amounts of current for a short time such as we have here with the drones. All the math you can do will not apply here since we are using just inches of wire. 12 gauge is way overkill in my opinion and way too hard to work with in such a small area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twin01