DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stock Mavic 2 Pro distance run, 45,049 feet (8.53 miles) one way

Waldo Pepper

Reactions
About 8-9 days ago took off from a hill side maybe 30-50 feet in elevation with Mavic 2 Pro. Using stock antennas, stock battery went for it. Guess this would be considered a sucide flight, flew out as crow flies with my weakest battery with the intention of landing at the end of the flight. It was perfect, as M2P lost connection at the 8.53 miles, it started to RTH and when it reconnected I took over and landed M2P just a few hundred feet from were RTH kicked in. By then, battery was near 10% so I let her down on the corner of an open field about 50’ feet from a county road. Landed on a soft pillow of weeds, flight couldn’t have been any better everything was perfect right down to the landing.

Drove to the location and there she was safe and sound, someday in the future will make this same flight run only on this run use amplifiers see if I can squeeze out another mile or two. Since this flight, I’ve installed a Titan Cyclone in which I’ve modified to use other antennas.

Was very impressed, stock antennas no amplifiers. Simply amazing, the distance M2 Pro will go with no mods.

Thanks for looking,
Paul8597994D-5E72-4FD7-AA7A-DDD4A9FFB3CD.jpegDD8F51D2-8C65-4B37-A95D-E645E60FCB41.jpegE30B6E3A-0514-464E-87D6-90AC8CA7310B.jpeg2865B0E6-5C68-40A6-A047-FBB25C611BA7.jpeg

Last edited:
I see the tracimo tracker on her back. it doesn't mess with the bird signal at all? ive wondered about that and after that 8mile run I guess not. did the controller have line of site the whole flight? or were there any obstructions just curious.

Wow amazing !! I might do this if I had another person out so they could do a quick recovery. Looking at Trackimo now too. New models have 3G and a free year of service:

I see the tracimo tracker on her back. it doesn't mess with the bird signal at all? ive wondered about that and after that 8mile run I guess not. did the controller have line of site the whole flight? or were there any obstructions just curious.

I haven’t had any issues with trackimo effecting Mavic 2 GPS signal, and normally have it mounted on the top front end of M2P. This particular flight, was mounted above battery.

The 8.53 mile flight had very little obstacles, flew above them because the launch area was 30-50 feet in elevation off a hillside. But I have flown M2P 7 miles before straight out with some obstacles blocking line of site, launch area was ground level and didn’t quite make it back battery ran out had to land short.

Take care,
Paul

Ha, thank you for doing this! I'm to fearful to perform such a stunt :cool:
Thanks,
As long as you plan out the flight, have landing areas planned ahead and land when battery is at the stage of landing on its own you should be fine. What you don’t want is landing with battery strength too high, once it disconnects it’ll want to return (RTH) and May land in an unsafe unplanned area.

Good luck, fly safe
Paul

Wow amazing !! I might do this if I had another person out so they could do a quick recovery. Looking at Trackimo now too. New models have 3G and a free year of service:
That’s a great idea, a buddy and I discussed this we may do that on a future flight for quick recovery.

That’s a great deal with trackimo, 3G with free year service. Can’t go wrong, good job looking into getting a tracking device. I use mine on other drones as well, already saved one drone from a disconnect fly away.

Good luck and Fly safe,
Paul

Last edited:
Reactions: owg666
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun