DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stock Mavic air 2 controller battery question.

chinois

Reactions
Is there a method where you can discharge intentionally a fully charged stock remote controller internal battery? I am storing my stock controller for several months and the battery is right up (4 steady lights illuminating when powered up.) I have tried connecting the usb c port on bottom of controller to a nearly depleted power bank to see if it would charge the bank. It ends up the power bank starts to charge the controller as indicated by the rolling lights on the controller.
I have re-searched this site for a response to a similar question asked once before but have unable to find that post again. The DJI forum site has not revealed any solution.

You could try plugging in your almost dead phone to the controller. That 'should' discharge your controller but remember that you should probably leave the controller at 40-60% just like your AC batteries for long term storage. I don't know that for certain and I can't find documentation on what kind of battery it has but it seems fair to assume that what's good for the AC holds true for the RC. And if this is going to be long term storage you might want to pull it out every month or 2, recharge it and your flight batteries and then run them down to the 40-60% again

Reactions: eaglesurfing
Thanks for that reply. I tried that on a low charged iphone and it does seemingly work albeit very slowly. The issue here is the dji fly app needs to be open on the iphone and the controller powered on. If controller is not link to your A/C, you will get a continuous 4 flashing lights on the controller straight off and after about 5 mins. a constant warning tone emitted to warn you about no link to A/C. Powering up the drone to accomplish this would not be the most efficient or viable option.

The RCs tend to discharge themselves slowly when unused so it's not a big deal to store them charged, you should actually take them out regularly to check battery level and make sure they're not too low.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu