DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stockhorn | Exploring Switzerland Ep. 6 | DJI Mavic Air

Breathtaking footage, great selection of music, fantastic work Maik, Thanks!
Thank you, the music is very important to me, after reviewing the material to get a feel for what i've got i'll go off and search sometimes for hours until i find a piece of music that fits in length and mood. Its the first thing in the timeline, then i try to fit the scenes to it.

Awesome footage, question: do you cache maps before a flight like this? I know there is no Cell Signal if I’m correct...

Awesome footage, question: do you cache maps before a flight like this? I know there is no Cell Signal if I’m correct...
I actually had great reception all day, I guess that's what that big antenna on the summit is for ;) Switzerland is very compact and there are not many places here without reception any more, even in the mountains. I guess that's different where you're from, where the scales of everything are just larger.
I don't really need maps for flying (although they help with orientation), I always try to keep the drone in sight. But as I said, the reception was exceptionally good all day. I don't even know what happens when I try to fly without cell reception, just never happened yet. Does the map just not show?

amazing footage! hopefully some day I will get as good as you :)
To be honest, it's not as hard as it may look. The DJI Drones do most of the hard work for you. All you need is calm fingers and an ok eye for composition

Reactions: Pizdous
I was there a fortnight ago (Sunday). There were a lot of people. How did you manage to avoid the crowds? Launching from the top was out of the question. It's a fantastic place - best drone spot that we visited on our 2 week trip to Switzerland.

Reactions: Maik Kellerhals
I was there a fortnight ago (Sunday). There were a lot of people. How did you manage to avoid the crowds? Launching from the top was out of the question. It's a fantastic place - best drone spot that we visited on our 2 week trip to Switzerland.
I was there on a sunday too (September 9th), went straight to the top first (and hiked down, not up) because the video from the top was the most important to me.
But i went early in the morning with the first gondola at 8:00, not long after sunrise (the gondola footage war recorded on the way down and reversed). The gondola was almost full but most people went to the restaurant first and i waited for the first "wave" to come down from the top so i had the summit almost to myself.
When I came down to the lake at around 11:00 it was already quite crowded.
I knew this is quite a popular place for locals and tourists to go so i wanted to be up there as early as possible.
Also, the weather forecast was not the best for that day, so i guess many people didn't plan to go. But i was very lucky with how the weather turned out ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty