DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stolen Drone!!

elisabethcristianna

Reactions
So I brought my mavic pro here to Brazil and a few days after Christmas this crackhead managed to break into my house and stole it. Anyone have any suggestions of ways I could locate it??? Like with ‘find my drone’ or anything else.... the cops here are **** so not much help there loll

You can find your iphone because it connects to the cellular network. Your drone does not.

I'd think they only way is to see if any law enforcement groups in your area have an Aeroscope. Long shot they have one, long shot they'd use it to help you, long shot it'd be close enough to the drone when the bad guy turned it on, etc.

I guess the best opportunity is make a flyer and hand them out to local pawn shops. I'd guess that's where your crackhead would turn it into cash.

Sorry to hear about your drone :oops:. Hope you get lucky and find it.

So I brought my mavic pro here to Brazil and a few days after Christmas this crackhead managed to break into my house and stole it. Anyone have any suggestions of ways I could locate it??? Like with ‘find my drone’ or anything else.... the cops here are **** so not much help there loll
How many drones go up in your area. See a drone go find the person in control. They're only at the most 2000 ft away. Put some street time in.

Ask DJI to inactivate it?
Dji don't do crap about stolen or lost drones and don't depend on that stupid app or the GPS to track it or even get a close proximity of where it is or was. I found out the hard way that the software is inept and the drone does not tell you the last location of your drone. I used the find my drone feature and it was a 30 second video 2 minutes into a 14 minute flight. That ended a good 2 miles before the drone went down. And the GPS tracking is garbage. DO MOT TRUST ANY OF THE SAFETY MEASURES TO HELP. I LOST MY FPV RACER I SHOWED UP IN THE VICINITY OF WHERE IT WENT DOWN WITHIN 2 MINUTES. AND IT WAS GONE AND I COULDNT EVEN DETERMINE WHERE IT LANDED.

Dji don't do crap about stolen or lost drones and don't depend on that stupid app or the GPS to track it or even get a close proximity of where it is or was. I found out the hard way that the software is inept and the drone does not tell you the last location of your drone. I used the find my drone feature and it was a 30 second video 2 minutes into a 14 minute flight. That ended a good 2 miles before the drone went down. And the GPS tracking is garbage. DO MOT TRUST ANY OF THE SAFETY MEASURES TO HELP. I LOST MY FPV RACER I SHOWED UP IN THE VICINITY OF WHERE IT WENT DOWN WITHIN 2 MINUTES. AND IT WAS GONE AND I COULDNT EVEN DETERMINE WHERE IT LANDED.
Your post is confused and confusing.
If you posted the flight data here, there are members that can analyse the flight data and point to a likely location for you, or explain what happened.

I have already gone through the flight data I know what it did up until the last second it dropped out of the sky because I was using my fpv goggles. But there was no digital trail whatsoever to follow when I got on site where it went down. I'm just saying, the safeguards look good in theory for testing videos but do not help in a real world situation.

I have already gone through the flight data I know what it did up until the last second it dropped out of the sky because I was using my fpv goggles. But there was no digital trail whatsoever to follow when I got on site where it went down. I'm just saying, the safeguards look good in theory for testing videos but do not help in a real world situation.
What "safeguards"?
Why would there be a digital trail?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada