DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stolen Drones

Sorry to hear this, hate the thieving scum!!!
Hope something comes up for you!

How exactly does this work, just for future references. If someone flys the drone and you have the serial number, DJI is able to track its GPS location?
DJI makes the Aerocope for LEOs it can ID the drones within it’s range by serial number.

sad day . . .

I'm in the uk so know they won't end up here. Sorry for your loss mate. Maybe keep an eye on ebay too

My car was broken into last night. The thieves made off with 2 Mavic Pros, 2 controllers, two ChrystalSky monitors, 4 batteries and a white DJI goggle.
Not expecting much - but just in case you guys see anything odd. I'm in northwest Atlanta, Ga. - Marietta. My fault for leaving them in the car.
Thanks

How did they know they were in the vehicle, could they see them through the glass?

edit - your auto policy might cover it if your homeowners won't - good luck :)

Last edited:
I am just nearby in Roswell. Will be on the lookout. Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear that, friend. I had a similar experience, someone stole my drone from the car the only night I left in, It was just a mavic air. I filled up the police report without any faith to recover it on that way.
For a month I was looking for my mavic on WALLAPOP it's a second hand selling app in Spain and suddenly I found it the stupid thief sold it in my own village a red mavic air with a broken propeller.
With some friend and my brother we organised a meeting and we came there with police in incognito mode after my brother check the serial he did a signal to the police and they arrested the guy and took him to jail for one night. We're expecting the judging day but normally he will say that he bought it from someone and that would be all, no punishment.
Hope you have a little luck like I had and never leave something in the car.

Sorry for your misfortune. Hopefully, your story will serve as a reminder to all, never to leave valuables in cars unattended. Sporting goods, firearms, photography equipment, tools, wallets and purses. It's all simply an easy grab. I treat my valuables in my car just like a child: Keeping them attended at all times, never too hot or too cold.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Sorry for your misfortune. Hopefully, your story will serve as a reminder to all, never to leave valuables in cars unattended. Sporting goods, firearms, photography equipment, tools, wallets and purses. It's all simply an easy grab. I treat my valuables in my car just like a child: Keeping them attended at all times, never too hot or too cold.
The thing is, like you said, you have to be strict to yourself everytime, like you would with your child - you would never ever leave it for no circumstances unattended.
It's always a "conincidence" when you leave it just one time, you think it's good or just short enough not to bother, and exactly then, misfortune happens.

I've made this experience with my very valuable DSLR equipment in Barcelona some years back, thousands of Euros gone through pickpocketers ... the consequence was not to be angry to yourself (hard not to be), but better be prepared. I've signed up for an insurance which also covers drones and feel way better being abroad. Still not keen on theft but I atleast know, when something happens, it's just money that will get replaced.

The police report is important just in case they fly them and do something stupid.

Reactions: MKurr
Yep, be sure to let the police know...

I hate Hate HATE to hear of stories like this.

Hopefully you find some kind of information that leads to a resolution.

Reactions: MKurr and Thomas B
I hate Hate HATE to hear of stories like this.

Hopefully you find some kind of information that leads to a resolution.
Have you every hear of any stories where the thief actually gets caught, and then the owner gets something back?

Have you every hear of any stories where the thief actually gets caught, and then the owner gets something back?
Absolutely!

A couple of years ago a construction site in our new subdivision was robbed. The scum bags took a grinder and cut the hinges from the contractor's locked construction trailer. They took ladders, compressors, generators, and loads of pneumatic tools. One of the tools (pneumatic nail gun) showed up at a local Pawn Shop about a month later. The shop owner entered the serial # into "the system" and it was a HIT! That evening there was a massive recovering of not only 90% of HIS tools but tools from several other robberies. Apparently they were hoarding the goodies until the tools "cooled down". IIRC 7 people went to jail that evening and a child was removed from a "Meth Cooking" house.

Thank goodness most criminals aren't that intelligent and/or get careless/complacent and make mistakes.

Reactions: MKurr and Thomas B
Absolutely!

A couple of years ago a construction site in our new subdivision was robbed. The scum bags took a grinder and cut the hinges from the contractor's locked construction trailer. They took ladders, compressors, generators, and loads of pneumatic tools. One of the tools (pneumatic nail gun) showed up at a local Pawn Shop about a month later. The shop owner entered the serial # into "the system" and it was a HIT! That evening there was a massive recovering of not only 90% of HIS tools but tools from several other robberies. Apparently they were hoarding the goodies until the tools "cooled down". IIRC 7 people went to jail that evening and a child was removed from a "Meth Cooking" house.

Thank goodness most criminals aren't that intelligent and/or get careless/complacent and make mistakes.
Good to hear! I hope that these too drones are found... I have let a friend in Florida know, who knows maybe they might sell it in Florida....

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99