DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stop button no longer works so cannot exit Tripod mode?

mfc

Reactions
I use Tripod mode a lot, but since some recent update to the App or firmware I cannot get out of Tripod mode -- the Stop button has no effect.

Anyone have any suggestions/workarounds? !

Thanks.

I use Tripod mode a lot, but since some recent update to the App or firmware I cannot get out of Tripod mode -- the Stop button has no effect.

Thanks.

Confirmed this seems to happen all the time -- not good when enter Tripod mode at some distance from Home! Is there any other way to get out of Tripod mode?

Thanks.
Same here, switching to S mode back to P mode worked for me, switching S&P modes is supposed exit any of the IFM's

Reactions: mfc
When you are in an intelligent mode, on the left of the screen you have a red button with an X that exit the mode.

Édit: Found this on YT

376d98917f58dd6611cc255e7113b0c4.jpg

Last edited:
When you are in an intelligent mode, on the left of the screen you have a red button with an X that exit the mode.

Édit: Found this on YT

376d98917f58dd6611cc255e7113b0c4.jpg
OK, yes, that's marked 'Stop' on the Android app. But since the last firmware or app update it no longer works. Hence my question.

OK, yes, that's marked 'Stop' on the Android app. But since the last firmware or app update it no longer works. Hence my question.
What Droid Version are you using? I use V 4.1.6 on the Crystal Sky and 4.1.9 on my GalaxyS5 both of them show X to exit IFM ( it doesn't work on my apps as well )

What Droid Version are you using? I use V 4.1.6 on the Crystal Sky and 4.1.9 on my GalaxyS5 both of them show X to exit IFM ( it doesn't work on my apps as well )

Android 7.0. It worked on this phone (Sony XA) and Android version earlier this year (August); I suspect it was a recent DJI software update that broke it.

Thought you were talking about the RC’s button

To confirm .. the pause button does indeed end Tripod mode (needs to be held for 2 seconds). And, meanwhile, it seems DJI have fixed the app so the Stop button now works again.

Very many thanks to all who helped on this .. it is really useful to have alternatives.

Mike

Reactions: newguy
Encountered this wee gremlin tonight for the first time. I like Tripod Mode, it slows things down to a speed that you can concentrate on filming but tonight try as I might I could not get it to exit. Wasn't a huge deal but for the wind suddenly got up a wee bit as the sunset and it felt like the Air was being blown backwards a little and the battery was starting to get a bit low for comfort. Started thinking I wasn't going to get it back, but I lowered the altitude a bit and the resistance to forward travel appeared to dissipate enough for me to get it back in plenty of time. Will nee dto remember the Pause/Sport mode trick to recover in future. Ironically I was thinking I might need to put it in Sport mode to fight the breeze, had I actually done it would probably have solved the issue!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada