DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stop or limit flight data sent to DJI

dgd3

Reactions
How to limit or stop flight data being sent to DJI yet maintain full functionality.

Don't synchronize your flights to the DJI servers. But what do you mean by "full functionality"?

Will there be any limitations to what I can do with the Mavic Air if I don't synchronize my flights to the DGI servers?

what is gained by syncing with DGI servers?

Easy access to flight records and history from multiple devices. Plus the Chinese Government can then track his every move when he is flying secret missions. That's what people are saying, anyway.

Don't synchronize your flights to the DJI servers. But what do you mean by "full functionality"?
It has been checked with firewalls that even if you do not sinc your flight records every time you connect your viewing device,whether it is a WiFi tablet or your cell phone, if that viewing object is connected to the internet in any way shape or form it will connect to DJI’s servers and a number of other places and get your flight information if it wants to.

Reactions: dewster
It has been checked with firewalls that even if you do not sinc your flight records every time you connect your viewing device,whether it is a WiFi tablet or your cell phone, if that viewing object is connected to the internet in any way shape or form it will connect to DJI’s servers and a number of other places and get your flight information if it wants to.

Actually that's not quite correct. The Go app does make a number of connections whether synchronization is set or not, but images and detailed telemetry are only transmitted if it is set to on. Another option is to use the DJI Pilot app (beta, Android only), which has a local data mode that turns off nearly all internet connections.

Reactions: dewster
Nah likely OP wants to break some rules. Flight syncs are just profile elements.

things you talk about flight logs etc. what is the advantage to having that on other people servers? Is that information at all available on the Mavic air SD card or built-in 8 GB?

Nah likely OP wants to break some rules. Flight syncs are just profile elements.

I don't mind data in the cloud, NSA and several others have everything anyway, I'm just wondering if there is any performance decrease or enhancements by using DJI cloud service. I'll be using an iPad air with no cellular data. I will however pre-cash Maps while at home on Wi-Fi before I go out to the field.

Last edited:
There seems to be some kind of an option to upload the data to DGI. This seems like a straightforward thing to do but I am wondering what the advantage is?

I do NOT sync to DJI servers, because their written Privacy Policy is unacceptable to me - it basically says they can do anything they want with your data. The only veto you get is when you decide NOT to sync with their servers.

I do NOT sync to DJI servers, because their written Privacy Policy is unacceptable to me - it basically says they can do anything they want with your data. The only veto you get is when you decide NOT to sync with their servers.
If you are flying in a sensitive area top secret or government sensitive, I will agreed with you but flying like me in a remote area, where the only thing you see is an open field with a river... I sincerely don't care what DJI do with my sync flying info.

Reactions: BearMan54 and dgd3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhench95