DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stop RC from Charging Google Pixel?

It gets somewhat close with 3 batteries.
According to manual, connection to iOS lasts over 4 hours. Above 1 hr with Android. I wouldn't think it should not be that drastic since max USB power is 500mA, which leaves 2100mAH left for the remote for the first hour.
If iOS lasts over 4 hours, then remote uses 650mA. Remote should last at least 2 hours with Android with those numbers.

I plugged phone into the Remote Control and opened up Ampere and let it sit for 5 or so minutes, max current draw in that time was 310mA.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191120-184536.png
    Screenshot_20191120-184536.png
    162.7 KB · Views: 10
New cable still charges my Pixel 3 when plugged into the Remote Controller :/ good thing though is with this new cable I don't have to remove the case/bumper I have on my phone.

My next option could be this micro USB to USB A cable that has a toggle switch to for data transfer or charge. I could use that with the female USB A to USB C dongle/adapter that comes with the pixels or reverse engineer it and see what needs to be done to modify the shorter cables to not charge while plugged in (if it actually doesn't charge the device when in data only mode).

Edit: Fixed link

Edite 2: Turns out that cable also charges when the toggle is set to "Data".
You need the OTG on the remote side, not the phone side.

This solves the problem.
I am able to both connect my 2A power bank to my phone and Mini MC at the same time. This gives me a phone charge, (with a bright screen this is useful), and data to and from the MC. I have attached pictures. I am using a micro b, not the supplied square one, to the MC. I am still pursuing supplying power to the MC as well but need a new data + power Y. The Power + data cables are noticeably thicker. See: Mini USB cables??
Where to get this "these" cables? What are they called?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar