DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stoping copying

I have been asked to provide a short video which will be a sequence of still images. Is there anyway to stop them being copied once the video is posted on the customers website?
If you can animate the still images (think Ken Burn FX) so they never stop moving, it will be harder to copy them. But if the animation can be paused by viewer, then that prevention may fail. If you show multiple images onscreen moving simultaneously, and reduce the size, that will be an additional copy prevention measure. OTOH, if your images are being copied, consider it a compliment!

Photoshop's clone stamp and fill by content aware are too good these days to mess with watermarks (they even have it for video these days). Unless you strategically place it (meaning you try to use these tools yourself until you find a place that ruins the photo when you use it) in every single photo, I would not suggest this route (ruins the image anyways with the strategic placement).

As others have mentioned, you can upload your photo to google images and run a search, it will return similar images and you can find exact copies and submit a takedown request.

There are also javascript libraries that will make it that much harder to rip it from the website but the cost of implementation does not return a smart investment due to, as other have mentioned, a screenshot obtaining the image.

I used to worry about this early in my career, but I've submitted to the phrase "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" and now I smile instead of getting upset. If, and only if they are making money off of your work, is when you have the right to go legal on their *** - but you should still smile. Think on the positive side of every experience and stay focused on your creative output and you will be rewarded. ✌

I have been asked to provide a short video which will be a sequence of still images. Is there anyway to stop them being copied once the video is posted on the customers website?
Depends on the
Depends on what the customer's site is. You can block public viewers and ask for no copying to private viewers...

Like one user said, "be flattered they are stealing your images." You can do copyrights and other legal things but unless you have the lawyers or cash, those are useless. No one outside of a large corporation can afford to sue every person who steals their photo or video. That, unfortunately, for most of us, leaves watermarks or small 800X600 images.

If they steal mine, I'll just go make more unless it's a Pulitzer Prize winning image.

I've had 7 of my videos stolen on YT. I caught each one of them by doing some simple searches. I friend of mine caught another guy. Some were 15-30 seconds, a few were the entire video. Last year a guy with many, many millions of views and a half million subs stole 1 minute of a 3 minute video I did. I contacted YT and within 30 minutes they had block the video and given him a strike. Within 35 minutes the guy contacted me and started a long chain of apologizes. It turns out this guy made his living on YT and I just put a big dent in it. His video already had 8 million views and it was only 3 weeks old. Anyway this guy went back and forth begging me to retract my YT complaint. At the end of the day he paid for my Mavic 2 Pro ?

If you find anyone who has stolen your video file and complaint and hit them in the wallet, believe me it works. All my videos have small watermarks but that doesn't deter people

hehe... nice...

yeah, it was easier for him to pay, than to came in public as thief...

what videos do you make? can we see them?

For what purpose? If it's in relation with the client, talking about them etc that would be normal.
If not send them invoices.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman